HSC
Subject - Rank - Group Mean - My Mark

Bio - 1/29 - 60 - 91
2u Maths - 1/34 - 68 - 94
Chem - 3/17 - 60 - 74
Studies of Religion - 3/114 - 60 - 84
Maths Ext 1 - 4/15 - 74 - 84
Adv Eng - 12/40 - 65 - 64

From my report just today. Trials are yet to come.:) Thanks!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Hard to really say since you haven't completed your trials yet, but if you were to maintain those marks and rankings, you are defintely looking somewhere in the vicinity of 96+

You are do doing really well!

HSC
:O

I don't believe you. :p I suck at English so bad- won't that bring my UAI down? I heard somewhere that English affects your UAI a lot. SAM ate my marks and spat out 88.05 -_-''

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
English affects your UAI the same as any other course, it will always contribute to your UAI.

SAM isn't meant to accept marks based on the marks you have received so far. It accepts HSC marks. That's why it gave you a rather different UAI that you initially expect. So naturally, those marks you have aren't really a reflection of your UAI. Rather, I was having a look at your rankings. Seems you are doing pretty well, and you'd definitely have the potential to get 95+.

Though it is definitely too early to make an accurate guess.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
LuthienAdrianna said:
I suck at English so bad- won't that bring my UAI down? I heard somewhere that English affects your UAI a lot. SAM ate my marks and spat out 88.05 -_-''
You still have time to improve your English ranking further, there's trials and HSC left, which contribute significantly to your UAI. So don't give up, keep working at it.

HSC
Ragerunner said:
English affects your UAI the same as any other course, it will always contribute to your UAI.

SAM isn't meant to accept marks based on the marks you have received so far. It accepts HSC marks. That's why it gave you a rather different UAI that you initially expect. So naturally, those marks you have aren't really a reflection of your UAI. Rather, I was having a look at your rankings. Seems you are doing pretty well, and you'd definitely have the potential to get 95+.

Though it is definitely too early to make an accurate guess.
Thanks. Who is that gorgeous person in your avatar, BTW? ^^''

HSC
BTW, my friend's ranks are something like 1, 1, 3, 3, 7, 12. She does all my subjects except Biology (Legal instead) and also does Physics. My Curriculum Co-ord does all the estimates and off the top of his head today said she was looking at about 87, plus or minus 5. :(

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
school estimates are there to scare you into working harder, dont get too worried.

stainmepink

HSC
blackfriday said:
school estimates are there to scare you into working harder, dont get too worried.

i think dodgy estimates do more harm than good. a few years ago the year advisor at our school gave a girl an estimate of 60-69. The story goes she became suicidal and started not turning up to school for extended periods of time. But in the end she got 96, without lifting a finger. So my point is, my school is the biggest shit for giving that girl a hard time.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
yeh it seems to screw with girls' heads a lot...although ive never heard of that sort of behaviour to that extreme.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
blackfriday said:
LOL, at my school, it's like the complete opposite. An unusually high number of people got an estimate of 99 considering we had like 5-10 people get over 99 last year, and if that ever was true then we might just be the best year the school's ever had...(*fingers crossed*).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)