How does UAI Estimation work? (1 Viewer)

toeknee

HSC
I'm so freaked out right now because medicine at unsw is dependant on your UAI estimation (thanks to my way underperforming school at 407th in nsw I haven't been informed of this) and have completely bludged year 11 and flunked my assessments assuming that it only counted in year 12.

and so more to the point now guys... :D
1. Can someone give me a totally informed answer on how the estimates work? and when they are? because I need to apply before June next year and I'm not sure if that means its dependant on year 12 h/y assessment or yr 11 assessments total.
2. Can the school consider using just your yearly's in that case?

3. And I've been away about 1/3 of the year (with legite reasons) does that mean I can apply for ACCESS ? and can you for medicine?

p.s thanks a bundle in advance and yes ive checked the unsw medicine site so ive got all the info there just doesnt explain my circumstances enough atm...

thanks again....
tony

HSC
Alot of the time they use your trials, for VET IT if I can't do the HSC exam, they use my trial result ...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I'm assuming you won't be doing your HSC until next year...

toeknee said:
1. Can someone give me a totally informed answer on how the estimates work? and when they are? because I need to apply before June next year and I'm not sure if that means its dependant on year 12 h/y assessment or yr 11 assessments total.
It's entirely up to your school.

Usually, an estimate would be based on all Year 12 work completed to date, and possibly your final rankings from the end of Year 11. It probably wouldn't be calculated until around the time your application is due.

In many cases it's just an ad hoc 'instinctual' prediction made by the principal.

toeknee said:
2. Can the school consider using just your yearly's in that case?
The school can do whatever it likes.

toeknee said:
3. And I've been away about 1/3 of the year (with legite reasons) does that mean I can apply for ACCESS ? and can you for medicine?
I'll leave this for someone else to answer (also refer to the ACCESS FAQ).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)