How does your school award the dux? (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
It'd be so weird going back a whole year later, my school has an assembly early term 1 of the next where they give everyone who got a band 6 an award as well as announcing the dux.

oisac

HSC
It'd be so weird going back a whole year later, my school has an assembly early term 1 of the next where they give everyone who got a band 6 an award as well as announcing the dux.
same here

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
at my school for years 7-11 Dux is calculated from points accumulated by getting 1, 2, 3 ranking in exams (eg. get 1st in all exams, get Dux)

in year 12, they award it the following year to the person with the highest ATAR

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hmm, that'd be a nice thing to do. Though unfortunately ATARs are kinda... private so the students have to tell the school what they got.

ReneeApple

HSC
Hmm, that'd be a nice thing to do. Though unfortunately ATARs are kinda... private so the students have to tell the school what they got.
The school wouldn't know if the student was lying to them about their ATAR!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
The school wouldn't know if the student was lying to them about their ATAR!
They have HSC marks. So if there's any doubt they can just plug them into an ATAR calculator. That, or ask to see the ATAR slip in person.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
I thought your Principal is privy to your results/ATAR?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)