how EAS accept its students..!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Sydney University has accepted my EAS request, but my new preference means that I need Macquaire Uni's acceptance rather than Syd Uni.. Does anyone know how I can change it..?!

thanku.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
You don't need to do anything, UAC deals with informing the uni's of your EAS application.

Macquarie doesn't send out letters as far as I know.

Lavenderpup

HSC
^ I got a letter from macquarie today so I believe it does xD But its only up to 4 uai points difference.

HSC
if our eas is accepted does that mean any uni who accepts EAS will give us extra pts(or lower extra pts) or is it just one students receive one uni's acceptance..

i dun understand..

because i have already received Sydney uni's letter,t hey accepted my EAS application.. but what about.. Macq?

HSC
But I have already received extra marks from Sydney Uni, will I be accepted again by mac?

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
The fact that you've been accepted to Sydney won't affect Macquarie's decision.

HSC
Sprinkles~ said:
The fact that you've been accepted to Sydney won't affect Macquarie's decision.
o kool. i'll just wait.. hope macq will accept my eas too..

gracie007

HSC
ive got letters from macq, syd and uts. macq send them out for sure. the max they allow is 4 points. just put ur prefs as normal in the order u want to do them in and just leave the rest to them.

rockets

HSC
N/A
so do you just add the eas 4 uai extra points to the uai you actually got and then have to wait for actual uai for the course this year- then pray you get in?
What's everyone's 1st course preference

relizabo

HSC
no you can't just add 4 uai points, because its max four points and your competeing with the other EAS students so say the uai cut-off for something is 95 and there are 10 places allocated to EAS students, the EAS students with uai closest to 95 will get in so it might not go as low as four uai points below. - this is for mq and sydney i know UNSW is changing their system this year to take into account the severity of the disadvantage but before they did that they had the same system and the access uai for law was 98.something even though it could have been up to 5 points below the published cut-off of 99.2.
Hope that helps. Also have a look at the EAS booklet

gracie007

HSC
in each uni, for ppl with eas they basically let hardly anyone in. for example, usyd only accepts (i think) a total of 500 eas students. so thats shit all.
also, remember that the 'extra points' do NOT change ur uai, ur uai stays the same. you just get special consideration if ur uai + eas is close to the cutoff.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
gracie007 said:
in each uni, for ppl with eas they basically let hardly anyone in. for example, usyd only accepts (i think) a total of 500 eas students. so thats shit all.
also, remember that the 'extra points' do NOT change ur uai, ur uai stays the same. you just get special consideration if ur uai + eas is close to the cutoff.
That sucks... I think the EAS just sucks :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)