How far can course cutoffs fluctuate/? (1 Viewer)

.ben

HSC
I've heard it can rise/fall by 5 to 6 UAI per year. That's a hell of a lot. I wanna do pharmacy next year but my UAI is only 2-3 above the cutoff. Do I need to be worried?

Malla

HSC
It doesn't fluctuate dramatically bro. Generally 2-3 points above your cut off and you'll be alright. Which Uni is this at btw?? UNSW, USyd and UTS don't fluctuate a great deal. Although I remember a few Engineering courses were 74.00 in 04, and jumped up to 84.00 in 06.. Hardly happens though, esp. for a course like Pharmacy. Anywayz, Goodluck man all the best.

HSC
i hope parra will flucate...

pleasee... pretty please.

its all with the SUPPLY and DEMAND graphs..

Merry xmas =]

Riviet

HSC
N/A
.ben said:
I've heard it can rise/fall by 5 to 6 UAI per year. That's a hell of a lot. I wanna do pharmacy next year but my UAI is only 2-3 above the cutoff. Do I need to be worried?
You should be fine (assuming you're going for Usyd pharmacy?) if you're 2-3 above the cutoff.

.ben

HSC
Yes i am going for usyd pharmacy. thanks everyone. merry christmas.

Chris.

HSC
I got 90.2 and i want to get into B Business UTS which had a cut off of 89.15%. Do i have a good chance?

.ben

HSC
jb_nc said:
That happened because the universities set that as the minimum cut off - not because of supply and demand.
Does that happen often?

powcy

HSC
To Chris, don't worry. Your chances are great.
According to a friend who works at uni-admin, some courses lower their marks by more than 2 or 3 UAI points, but that is SOLELY based upon demand, of course. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to be accepted into BSc (Adv), which had a cut-off of 96.40 for the past 2 years... my UAI is 96.10 ><
Still, BSc is a certainty. Just as well. :D
For the marginal ones, cross your fingers for the Late and Final Rounds.

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
powcy said:
According to a friend who works at uni-admin, some courses lower their marks by more than 2 or 3 UAI points, but that is SOLELY based upon demand, of course. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to be accepted into BSc (Adv), which had a cut-off of 96.40 for the past 2 years... my UAI is 96.10 ><
But keep in mind that Late round cut-off often rise due to scrambling for places after people get to see the main-round cut-off. It happened for BSc (Adv) at USYD last year, main round was 96.4 once again, but late round cut-off was somewhere around 97.5. So don't count on getting late-round offer, though it can happen-like my friend and myself.

tennille

HSC
powcy said:
You may still be able to make it into B Science (adv) in the main round. I was accepted in the main round with a UAI more than one point below the cut-off. Nonetheless, don't get your hopes up either.

Good luck. :)

powcy

HSC
Thanks people :D I'm not complaining about BSc though... it's great too! It'll be a bonus if I get into BSc Adv, but if I don't... meh. I'll still have fun :D
Best of luck everyone!

Monstar

HSC
Chris. said:
I got 90.2 and i want to get into B Business UTS which had a cut off of 89.15%. Do i have a good chance?

lol i got 90.15 which is the exact cut off it was during 2004, im more worried about macquarie. it suffered a drastic drop to 85, im just hoping it doesnt spike up to 90 = /

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
I'm hoping the cut-off for uts Bbus/BMedSci drops by 5 points. But looking at some of the posts, it seems to only have become more popular.

hopeless idiot

HSC
well....i'm hoping for optom/science at unsw and the csp cutoff is 99.00 which is exactly what i got....hoping it doesn't go any higher, though it can if a lot of people who got higher than that apply, right?

though, most courses don't fluctuate all that much but i know most unis have upped their cut-offs coz the students with lower uai that get in can't handle the workload or the level of difficulty or something like that. i also know a few people who barely got in and yet come out one of the top students, too. so don't think they'll fluctuate all that much beyond 2-3 marks, really

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
goodluck to you... im sure u'll make it in late round at least!!

thenothing

no member
HSC
I got 84.6 and I'm hoping for something that was 83.45 last year (B Science/B Arts at USYD)

daveisb

HSC
Eep, this has gotten me all paranoid now.

I'm looking to get into DFEE Arts / Law at Sydney (96.85) this year, and i'm 1.1 points above the cut off. Should I be worried?

Oh by the way, first post! Good luck to everyone with their offers!

raaaaccch

HSC
i got 64.5 and i needed 65
for criminology do you think i have a chance
at getting into uni at penrith uws?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)