How good are your teachers? (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

Hey I was just wondering how good all your teachers are. Are they really good teachers who know their subject inside out and are prepared to help you or are they duds that just read from a textbook all lesson and are lazy as shit?

Heres what my teachers are like:

English: Doesnt know what shes talking about. Seems to have a habit of misenterpreting what a text is about . . .

Maths: Good teacher who knows everything about subject and is prepared to help you till the cows come home.

Chemistry: Teacher just reads from a textbook all lesson, and she cant even do that right. She misspronounces and doesnt have a clue as to what a whole lot of common words mean such as algebra :rolleyes:

IPT/History: Teachers just tells us to do questions from textbook all lesson, and dont really know what their on about.

<<lauren>>

most of my teachers are great, theyre willing to put in extra time if you are. unfortunately my chemistry teacher is...bluntly, crap. she teaches us from the old syllabus 'just for interests sake', and then when we run out of time to finish topics she will photocopy a section of dot points and give it to us for homework. she is going to make our whole class go so bad and theres no other chemistry teachers available or any tutors in the district....i guess thats my back up subject....

anyone seeing a recurring pattern in chem teachers here?

HSC
3u maths- he's ok, but seems to be more social with us instead of teaching

4u- better than 3u teacher...loves to help u, he'll rather stay and help you instead of going to a meeting

sor1- she's....one word...LOST

business/economics- great teacher...knows absolutely EVERYTHING...and i mean EVERYTHING..how to make a bomb, where the best place for a terrorist attack is..;)...has contacts all over the world...a VERY powerful man
he's already investing for his children and is probably a millionaire but doesn't show it
SMARTEST MAN I'VE EVERY MET!

english- not as smart as the other class' teacher, interprets texts wrongly (eg analysing a poem), but....nice

Seabiscuit

HSC
My maths teacher is terrible! He teaches the class for about 10 minutes each lesson, doesnt explain anything, gives just one example, and for the rest of the lesson makes crappy lame jokes and distracts everyone from working. And i have him for 3 unit AND 4 unit! :(

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
English - Good teacher, disagrees with everything I say because she hates me and is barely there for second half of lessons. Thinks she is queen and expects us to get 100% with minimal effort....only gives her PET A+....everyone else...B or C

Maths - tells us to complete the whole chapter in 1 lesson, 3/4 of the class fail and expect to keep doing 3u...can't teach, only off the textbook

Modern History - Nice teacher, loves all students and lets ppl off easily, can't teach and is like a mother to us...lets us eat in p1 classes

Legal - Good at teaching, pity the subject is so boring and she's a bitch at times...never gives full marks...high exp. but teaches too generally and marks too specifically. Stupid ppl in class, amusing to poke fun at

THANK GOD I DONT DO CHEM! - or any sciences

Eng Ext 1 - Fave subject bcos its usually watching videos and intellectual discussions leading to nowhere

Economics - Good teacher, just dont understand him...has a fetish with pigeons...cant remember our names, we're all another class to him and expects us to know the economy inside out or else looks at u like an idiot

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
English: 2u is an ok teacher, but weird and needs new stories
3u: i dont know what that woman is on. weirdo.
4u: i must say, carter is awesome. except for the whole having major work done by halfway through next term thing.

Business: Retard. want my year 11 teacher back. currently on mid-high 70's, vs yr 11 high 80s low 90s

Maths: Incredibly annoying. says things like "you'll all fail anyway" Is pretty much totally deaf, so its no use asking questions

Modern: Awesome :)

Ancient: was good in year 11, but she's a drama teacher who manages to make interesting topics boring as all hell.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
english: really smart and says alot of good things.. but other teachers give assignments and give feedback on them.. we get assignments rarely and they just kinda have ticks on them.. but it doesnt really say what i could have done to get an a if i got a b..

maths: great! my last maths teacher (in yr 11) was teaching general for the first time in 4 years.. she always does 4u.. so she was basically learning it as we were.. but our current teacher marks hsc papers and does the advice line so she gives us heaps of tips

cafs: i love mrs kip.. shes so nice and helpful and makes the subject interesting

business studies: she also makes the subject really interesting.. uses really funny examples of things

croatian: had marija since year 9.. shes really caring more like a friend than a teacher

religion: i dont feel she taught us the first topic well.. but currently she explains teachers and interpreters really good.. so im learning stuff. its also hard with a subject that is compulsary.. many people dont care and it keeps stuffing up the lesson

note.. im not just saying this because there is a chance they read through the forums :p from reoccuring comments about other teachers im glad i have these ones

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Seabiscuit
My maths teacher is terrible! He teaches the class for about 10 minutes each lesson, doesnt explain anything, gives just one example, and for the rest of the lesson makes crappy lame jokes and distracts everyone from working. And i have him for 3 unit AND 4 unit! :(
okay that sounds exactly like my maths teacher!
NORMALLY i like my teachers ( as in yrs 7-10) but this year 11 i seriously dont like any!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
english: really good but is quite boring sometimes...i fall asleep in class a fair bit in eng cos she just reads..zzz
maths: awesome! no complaints
modern hist: not too bad but could be better
economics: absent minded but overall is ok
hist ext:both are great

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i dont like any of my teachers this year, it doesnt mean they arent good teachers its just i dont like them u know as people ie they arent friendly or anything

Sugar

HSC
English : She's a good teacher, but she's too dramatic! It's funny though, cos the guys in my class make fun of her and tell her she should have done drama.

Maths : She's okay, but she tells us we are stupid indirectly. :p (I'm in the bottom 3 unit class)

Economics : She's a pretty good teacher and she gives us chocolate and lollies. But she tends to ramble a bit.

Modern History : I don't really like her because she just rambles on and she makes the lessons boring.

French :My favourite subject! I love French because my French teacher makes the lessons fun. We play games to learn the vocab. and she rewards us with lollies. She's inviting the entire french class to her place in the holidays for lunch. :p

i just realised all of my teachers are women.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
only my maths and english teacher were good!! and also bio....rest were crap !

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
english advanced - crazy...she has no clue about anything

eng ext - fantastic. Puts more effort into the subject than we do

maths - really good. Knows what she's atlking about, and is prepared to give up her lunch to help you.

modern - he's ok I guess, but I find him sooo boring

economics - really good, but has a short temper

hist ext - I have 3 teachers, and 2 o them are good (the other is my modern teacher, and as I said, he's boring)

Leng

Originally posted by lauren

anyone seeing a recurring pattern in chem teachers here?
Well, it seems my chem teacher doesn't fit into this pattern. He's totally awesome, hilarious and loves his chemistry. He always makes his classes interesting, and is really enthusiastic. He thinks about ten times as fast as he can write so sometimes he'll put the wrong thing up on the board but he's very good at laughing at everything, himself included, so he doesn't mind when we point it out.

Likewise, my 4U English teacher is fabulous. Our class have agreed she's like a female Gandalf (she even has this brilliant white hair to go with the part) and she's got this great dry sense of humor. She's very down to earth and nothing, and I mean NOTHING, shocks her.

My 2/3U English teacher is crazy. She has this insane cackle and laughs at everything, never finishes her sentences before jumping into the next and hates the 2U course with a passion. Not that I can blame her, since it is pure torture. Fantastic with 3U English though, we're doing post-modernism and she loves that stuff to death.

My physics teacher is unfortunately retiring at the end of this term to spend more time with her grand children. She's been teaching for a long time and she loves science in general so much. We always have a great time in class; she's taught us about more than just physics, and it's to her credit that she's gotten our whole class to be so together. The guy who's replacing her is her friend and we had him for one lesson when he was being assessed on how well he did with us and he seems pretty good as well, so hopefully he'll be just as good. I was really cut that she wasn't going to wait until we finished our HSC before she left though.

My 4U Maths teacher is one of those insane people who actually likes maths. A lot. She once told us that she loves to add up long columns of huge numbers in her head just for fun and she'd probably do it faster in her head than I could with a calculator. I will never understand her passion for inverse trig graphs. Never! And because of how much she loves "the beauty of mathematics", she's very enthusiastic about her teaching, and if we don't get something, she'll somehow improvise on the spot and explain it in a way that we understand. She also brings us chocolate on occasions, to cheer us up when we have a 2 hr afternoon class.

I'm very lucky in that all my teachers are great and they're all so willing to do stuff for their students in their own time, like marking practise essays/past papers, extra help in spare periods and anything else you might be stressing over. I think it wasn't until about Year 10 that I really started appreciating just how much teachers do for students and how much of the work they do goes unrecognized.

Kulazzi

HSC
my eng teacher is better than when I had her in yr 7 - she has a sense of humour for once

my maths teacher way better than the one I had for three years b4, yr 8, 9 and 10, he was so crap!!!!! But the one I have this year, she explains very well and doesn't rush when we're behind like the other teacher did, why he rushed us "Because the higher advanced class is ahead of you and we need to catch up to them" well obviously since they're smarter than us, like if we don't understand anything he says come at lunchtime :rolleyes:

Textiles teacher, talks loud and clear

Software - away all this wk b/c he was sick and my sis had him as well and she says he doesn't follow the syllabus :rolleyes:

Business Studies - excellent teacher, not to mention he's head teacher as well

Society - a lot of discussions :p

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Maths- Eccentric but legendary teacher
Physics- See Maths
English- Not bad
Bio- Pretty crap, but you can teach yourself bio anyway
Chem-crazy, weird and not too good a teacher
SOR1- couldn't tell you, i do other REAL subjects in these periods and just ignore him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)