• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how good... (2 Viewers)

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
cappen said:
yea but the rabbitohs have the largest crowd suport in the comp...(followed closely by the dragons)
No they dont

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
the knights had a huge fan base. i thought theirs was pretty close 2 top....

notice past tense

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Suney_J said:
Not exactly sure. But I think it's the Broncos, they average around a 30 k crowd
Broncos do average the highest "crowd support". This is correct.

However, despite Cappen's use of "crowd support", I am pretty sure the term that he intended to use (based on what he wrote afterwards) is "fan base".

In terms of supporter base, South Sydney do have the largest, and this is, as Cappen said, followed by the Dragons. But still, Souths fans are nowhere to be seen, in reality. After Charity Shield this year they were parading around as if they had won a grand final. 42 - 10 and two competition points certainly stuck it up to them.

Then again, when comparing the fastest growing supporter base, I am pretty sure that the Bulldogs are the team to beat. They had the most merchandise sales in 2004 (for obvious reasons).

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
DRAGONZ said:

However, despite Cappen's use of "crowd support", I am pretty sure the term that he intended to use (based on what he wrote afterwards) is "fan base".

In terms of supporter base, South Sydney do have the largest, and this is, as Cappen said, followed by the Dragons. But still, Souths fans are nowhere to be seen, in reality. After Charity Shield this year they were parading around as if they had won a grand final. 42 - 10 and two competition points certainly stuck it up to them.

Then again, when comparing the fastest growing supporter base, I am pretty sure that the Bulldogs are the team to beat. They had the most merchandise sales in 2004 (for obvious reasons).
Does this include bandwagon supporters and groupies?
If so, then I dont think souths have the biggest fan base

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
ARE bandwagon supporters counted in a club's fan base? I dunno...

I mean, clubs would obviously attempt to put them there... but they aren't really true supporters, are they?

The thing about Souths is that they do have a huge bunch of supporters who won't readily admit it unless they are winning. Think back to Charity Shield and Round 2 this season (49 - 26 over Eels) where everyone was ringing up radio stations saying how they have been Rabbits fans for twenty years and they think this is the year they will make top 8 blah blah blah... Those people have since disappeared.

Nonetheless, they still support the club through the bad times, despite their lack of willingness to tell everyone about it.

It's a bit of a contentious issue, though. I can't see anyone really caring who has the biggest supporter base anyway.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
ARE bandwagon supporters counted in a club's fan base? I dunno...

I mean, clubs would obviously attempt to put them there... but they aren't really true supporters, are they?

The thing about Souths is that they do have a huge bunch of supporters who won't readily admit it unless they are winning. Think back to Charity Shield and Round 2 this season (49 - 26 over Eels) where everyone was ringing up radio stations saying how they have been Rabbits fans for twenty years and they think this is the year they will make top 8 blah blah blah... Those people have since disappeared.

Nonetheless, they still support the club through the bad times, despite their lack of willingness to tell everyone about it.

It's a bit of a contentious issue, though. I can't see anyone really caring who has the biggest supporter base anyway.
I didnt bring it up. Just telling someone Broncos have biggest home crowd

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
DRAGONZ said:

yea thats wat i meant

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
souths may have the biggest fanbase, but their attendance record certainly don't show it... so that hardly helps. unless they are marching to get their club back into the comp lol. and dont they need them next year at telstra stadium. one city teams like brisbane and newcastle obviously has loads of fans. and north queensland is like everyone's second team.

i actually think the roosters fan base has grew immensely in the last 6 or 7 years(especially the last 2 or so). i remember in the mid late 90s where theres be barely 10k people would turn up to matches and some home games eg. against dragons would have more away fans than home fans. now we have the 3rd or 4th (i think, cant be bothered to check) highest average attendence in the nrl. hopefully they arent all bandwagon jumpers

HotShot

-_-
HSC
well

thsi year of nrl is screwed majorly, that i hardly watch any matches. the good thing is the sea eagles are climbing back up.

ChrisE

HSC
many souths supporters are weak, ungrateful sods. you had a huge whinge parade and held up traffic in the city a few years back just to get your team back and now that they are back in the league where are you? youve ratted out on the red and green you claimed to love. newcastle arent going great, their fans turn out in numbers every week to support their team, same goes for penrith and the tigers because these fans are really passionate about where they are from and the colours that they live for. wests tigers havent made the finals since the merger but at home, their crowds are enviable. come on souths fans, your team needs you, or are you going to rat out like you have for the last few years and be lethargic and not support your team. you got what you wanted, now many of you seem not to care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)