how hard do you think this years multiple choice will be? (1 Viewer)

sydneyitee

HSC
because i heard last years got a lot of s*** for it and i was wondering if they'd back off this year...

multiple choice is really volatile for me......... i lose most my marks from there

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
because i heard last years got a lot of s*** for it and i was wondering if they'd back off this year...

multiple choice is really volatile for me......... i lose most my marks from there
how volatile?? what did you get for trials??

I don't think mc is a hassle (i got 18/20) in about 10mins on m/c , but i advise just read the question properly :).. bos loves to put in tricks

sydneyitee

HSC
heh, okay so i did well in the trial 19/20 (but my teacher does warn that the HSC Qs will be much tougher than our trial ones)
and when i did practice ones they ranged from 15-20

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
heh, okay so i did well in the trial 19/20 (but my teacher does warn that the HSC Qs will be much tougher than our trial ones)
and when i did practice ones they ranged from 15-20
wow 19/20 is beast dudee!!!!!

im hoping they'll be a bit leanient this year T.T.....

michaeljennings

HSC
my friend said it alternates, one year the eco paper will be hard the next it will be easy so this year should be relatively easier than last years. Hopefully multiple choice is too

enoilgam

HSC

Last years multiple choice last year was insanely hard. I did well for M/C for my trials but I reakon I stuffed it on the external.

sydneyitee

HSC
yeah that's good then, because last year i heard it took a lot longer than it should to do the MC (because it had a lot of calculations?? and small parts) and i'm just a bit worried because i hate losing marks in MC

btw, do you guys think a short section or long response will be on environmental management? because it seems pretty important this year i dunno...

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah that's good then, because last year i heard it took a lot longer than it should to do the MC (because it had a lot of calculations?? and small parts) and i'm just a bit worried because i hate losing marks in MC

btw, do you guys think a short section or long response will be on environmental management? because it seems pretty important this year i dunno...
im thinking environment management on extended response , im going to prepare a generic structure (TIME TO MENTION CARBON TAX YAY!!!!!!!!).......

Since they already asked us pretty leanient questions for trials (monetary, fiscal, globlisation, balance of payments).. im thinking more harder questions :(..........

i reckon short answers, probably calculation on balance of payments...

sydneyitee

HSC
our head teacher's guessing its time for the case study to come back........
tim riley said he was disappointed macroeconomic policy wasn't in the extended last year ahahahahahah

i'll have to prepare an environment then i guess...

sydneyitee

HSC
that dude got 19/20 for m/c!!!!! so he is better.

btw i only got 90% for trials so im not good :(....
and hey, if you go to baulko too i heard they spit out state rankers in eco each year, that's pretty beast-ish

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
and hey, if you go to baulko too i heard they spit out state rankers in eco each year, that's pretty beast-ish
LOL i don't go baulko btw :((.. i go to a mediocre-public school in the 200's :))

btw im preparing every topic tbh.. im so worried..

michaeljennings

HSC
Yeah tbh i think our top 2 students are a fair chance of getting a state rank, but I dont know about each year, I think it was just exaggerated thanks to the immensely tank eco cohort we had last year those guys were fricken amazing!

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah tbh i think our top 2 students are a fair chance of getting a state rank, but I dont know about each year, I think it was just exaggerated thanks to the immensely tank eco cohort we had last year those guys were fricken amazing!
how is the cohort looking this year XD?????

michaeljennings

HSC
how is the cohort looking this year XD?????
Defs not as strong as last year but we have some really smart kids in the top 5, I think the cohort as a whole is pretty weak though. Im 13th out of 98 and I am rather noob at eco so id say only the top 10 are genuinely good. Our bottom 50 is pretty bad tbh

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Defs not as strong as last year but we have some really smart kids in the top 5, I think the cohort as a whole is pretty weak though. Im 13th out of 98 and I am rather noob at eco so id say only the top 10 are genuinely good. Our bottom 50 is pretty bad tbh
Let me guess this is your cohort right!!, dude if i went your school i'd be like rank 30-50 / 98 for eco lol.. (In my school im 1st hehehe , but top 5 is pretty strong defs gonna get high 80's or 90s)

What are top marks like- 90's??

Mediocre marks - 80's??

bottom - 60's and 70's ??

Our cohort is 17 people hehe (2 90's, 6 80's, 3 70's and rest 50's and so on)

michaeljennings

HSC
Let me guess this is your cohort right!!, dude if i went your school i'd be like rank 30-50 / 98 for eco lol.. (In my school im 1st hehehe , but top 5 is pretty strong defs gonna get high 80's or 90s)

What are top marks like- 90's??

Mediocre marks - 80's??

bottom - 60's and 70's ??

Our cohort is 17 people hehe (2 90's, 6 80's, 3 70's and rest 50's and so on)
are you referring to the marks we get in our own exams? like internal exams?

PS i should mention that the majority of the gun eco kids from last year were accelerated kids from my grade, they did us proud. The guy who came first in the state though was in yr 12 well done to him I guess

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
are you referring to the marks we get in our own exams? like internal exams?

PS i should mention that the majority of the gun eco kids from last year were accelerated kids from my grade, they did us proud. The guy who came first in the state though was in yr 12 well done to him I guess
yes marks for your cohort's internal marks or trials (low, medium and top)? im just really curious who im up against in the state lol :p

michaeljennings

HSC
yes marks for your cohort's internal marks or trials (low, medium and top)? im just really curious who im up against in the state lol :p
ohh lol top was 96 and then i think next highest was 92, it was marked fairly harshly, one of the teachers was giving out 1s and 2s out of 20 for an extended response. I got 85 which I was pleased with. I think average was like 75 or something.

Our exam was written by one of our teachers though so its hard to really compare

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)