how hard is comp1917/1511 (1 Viewer)

qwert73

HSC
I'm not a comp sci student. I'm doing com/adv math and am a first year and I enrolled in COMP1511(formerly comp1917). I've heard this is a really hard course.
How difficult is it to do well in the subject(75+)? How did you/other people find it?
I have some basic programming knowledge, but that is it.

HSC
The course doesn't require prior knowledge in programming, but I've heard it is a lot faster than COMP1911. There's no need to take the course if you don't really need it, but if you like programming, COMP1911 is very easy to get 75+. I can't really speak for 1917/1511 but i've got friends who took the course and some said it was really hard, but others did really well, so it depends on how quickly you can learn and adapt new things because the course goes fast.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You do maths, so you should be able to think logically and think things through

I never touched programming before and did Higher Computing, and got 93. I worked very hard in that course though - I spent many hours in the computer labs figuring out how stuff worked

dust3

HSC
Uni Grad
You do maths, so you should be able to think logically and think things through

I never touched programming before and did Higher Computing, and got 93. I worked very hard in that course though - I spent many hours in the computer labs figuring out how stuff worked
Alan Blair is da real OG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)