how hard is it to find a job at the moment. (1 Viewer)

conics2008

HSC
well, ive got a job but since im starting uni, i will need another job i.e a secure one that i know i will work not like the current one i have which only lasts for approx till sep this year..

so how hard is it, and also did any of u gys find anyluck.

CieL

HSC
I've never had problems finding any jobs all year round.

I just spam out my resume and I get an interview which 90% of the time asks me to start the following day.

There will always be places wanting staff and instead of asking BoS it really does not hurt to browse job websites or stroll around places you're interested in working at asking if they have positions available.

We do not know your location or the type of job you want to work at.

Just start now, then quit your current job when you secure a new job. Easy.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I've never had problems finding any jobs all year round.

I just spam out my resume and I get an interview which 90% of the time asks me to start the following day.

There will always be places wanting staff and instead of asking BoS it really does not hurt to browse job websites or stroll around places you're interested in working at asking if they have positions available.

We do not know your location or the type of job you want to work at.

Just start now, then quit your current job when you secure a new job. Easy.

I like this piece of advice.. :D

But i've heard that spamming your resume isn't always a good idea ..
what would be some pros and cons of this practice?..

akrinis

HSC
I like this piece of advice.. :D

But i've heard that spamming your resume isn't always a good idea ..
what would be some pros and cons of this practice?..
Pros: you're sending your resume to a bulk of potential employers. Somewhere out there, someone may notice that you're just the person they've been looking for!

Cons: you send your resume to many potential employers and at least 2 or more are interested in you. You accept the first job offer, and then 1 month after starting work, you receive multiple offers from potential employers. That can put you into a very difficult situation if you've already established a good relationship with your management and/or co-workers.

But my I think sending your resume to as many people as you can because it's better than waiting on a few potential employers. Who knows, if the new offer is reasonably better than the one you accepted prior or the one you have is crap you can just quit.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
I spam my resume as well

Usually, you get 1 or 2 offers, then when you finally settle into a job, you get a flood of offers - not sure why it always happens this way!!

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Pros: you're sending your resume to a bulk of potential employers. Somewhere out there, someone may notice that you're just the person they've been looking for!

Cons: you send your resume to many potential employers and at least 2 or more are interested in you. You accept the first job offer, and then 1 month after starting work, you receive multiple offers from potential employers. That can put you into a very difficult situation if you've already established a good relationship with your management and/or co-workers.

But my I think sending your resume to as many people as you can because it's better than waiting on a few potential employers. Who knows, if the new offer is reasonably better than the one you accepted prior or the one you have is crap you can just quit.
i agree with that!

Thanks.

Any more information would be appreciated.

conics2008

HSC
I've already played the spammin the resume card, com;on i apply at random jobs, all i wait for is call back or email back something back xD

buhhh ohh well illl keep trying..

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I spam my resume as well

Usually, you get 1 or 2 offers, then when you finally settle into a job, you get a flood of offers - not sure why it always happens this way!!
yep when I started my current job after I don't know how long looking for work I got literally 10 phone calls in a week with offers

I was like wtf where were you guys 6 months ago when I was desperate??

lol

Thinking I might need to start looking for a second job though, this job only guarantees a lot of work when it's a busy time/promotion is on and I'm trying to save for a car so if I don't get many shifts for Feb/March I'll look around for a weekend job as well.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
lol exactly.

I was so desperate back in Nov/Dec - then all the sudden after xmas, I had about 6 job offers.

:\ @ weekend job. I'm currently working 6 days a week, 2 jobs, and no life until Feb.

Sure money is nice, I'm making about 1.5k+ a week, but having a life is even nicer :p (come on, Feb!)

bethxx

HSC
N/A
LOLL i never experienced that. Anyway, which is the best area to start? Im looking for retail jobs (fashion, preferrably). No previous exp in the fashion area. And spamming your resumes to stores to the likes of Sportsgirl, Grab Denim wont work. Any ideas?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I need a job, have been unemployed for most of summer and the money is running out...

Will fix up resume and spam it out. Job hunting is so bleh and marghle.

bethxx

HSC
N/A
Im gettin desperate finding jobs now. what with the economy and all that.. workplace nowadays is becoming more competitive! Apparently Kmart start cutting down my shifts to none altho the contract was on until feb! Last time i spoke to my manager n she said she couldnt find my name in the register roster; and she'll get back to me and i'll be moved to "the floor". I got no idea wot "the floor" is, wot u do all that. Im thinking of going retail/ admin but its even harder to get than hospitality (besides many cafes prefer those who had barista exp in which i had none apart from the certificate).

What should i do?? Spamming resumes all over Melbourne? Where to start? finding jobs online is too hard.

Zazo

Pharmacist :)
On earth, on a huge island, in the best city, Sydn
HSC
Uni Grad
I need a job, have been unemployed for most of summer and the money is running out...

Will fix up resume and spam it out. Job hunting is so bleh and marghle.
I've been looking for a job since november :( I've handed out my resumes to about 20 pharmacies and i've applied to countless jobs on the internet (through job searches). I only got one interview and it was unsuccessful for some reason !!!! like wat the shell !!!

does anyone have interview tips?? like wat do u say when they ask u: "So tell me about urself". i don't know wat to say...do i tell about my school achievements or my personal life or wat i'm aiming for or how friendly i am blah blah blah ???

HSC
does anyone have interview tips?? like wat do u say when they ask u: "So tell me about urself". i don't know wat to say...do i tell about my school achievements or my personal life or wat i'm aiming for or how friendly i am blah blah blah ???
Well, the question is vague so it's not a problem to interpret it how you will. Just speak clearly, make eye contact and don't say anything unnecessarily personal/embarassing. I would personally take that question to be about my personality/interests...

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Internet job hunting has limited goodness. I applied to tonnes of bars online, for example, with a fab cover letter and never heard back from anyone.

However, I applied for a tutoring job (which turned out not to be so good) and had an interview within 24 hours. Same with Boost Juice, back in first year.

So it's a gamble.

conics2008

HSC
Internet job hunting has limited goodness. I applied to tonnes of bars online, for example, with a fab cover letter and never heard back from anyone.

However, I applied for a tutoring job (which turned out not to be so good) and had an interview within 24 hours. Same with Boost Juice, back in first year.

So it's a gamble.

why dont u become a pro, its good money $$$ under the current economical condition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)