How hard is it to get above 75 in UAI (1 Viewer)

simcon111

HSC
I am in year 11 at the moment and was wondering if i work as hard as i possibly can next year am i basically garanteed above 75 in UAI even if i totally screw up in English?

My subjects if it makes any difference are:
English Advanced (but probably dropping to standard)
Chemistery
Biology
Physics
Math 2 unit
Software design and development

If the school does matter that much i go to Rose Bay Secondary College, and in my report i came around 5th in everything except English which i did very badly which is why im probably going to drop down to standard.

Thankyou

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
well i got above 75 and i did fuck all in the hsc.

you basically need to get >70 in most of your subjects and have decent rankings

simcon111

HSC
boris said:
well i got above 75 and i did fuck all in the hsc.

you basically need to get >70 in most of your subjects and have decent rankings
What do you mean by rankings?

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
simcon111 said:
What do you mean by rankings?
Rankings: the position you come in a subject within a school (ie tenth out of the 50 kids who take business studies at a school). When you do in school assesments in year 12 your marks do not matter but your ranks do, so try and stay near the top of each class

HSC
ok what about biology, ancient history, visual arts, and general mathematics - going brilliantly in all - and bad in advanced english?? (31/40-something - YUCK!!)
how do you think i'd go with my UAI??
(somebody educated :p)
pleeeeeease?? (puppy eyes)

runnable

HSC
Its quite hard to tell as we dun know you personally, so we dunno what is "the best" you can do ...

Generally, its not hard. If your school is ranked say in top 200... Ranking somewhat above average will probably get you a 75.

Skeeter

Banned
HSC
runnable said:
Its quite hard to tell as we dun know you personally, so we dunno what is "the best" you can do ...

Generally, its not hard. If your school is ranked say in top 200... Ranking somewhat above average will probably get you a 75.
So, if I were to remain above average in every one of my subjects, and go to a school ranked approxiametly 50 in the state, am I looking at a UAI of above 80?

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Remember that the state average UAI is 66.xx.
so no, if you try really hard it is not certain you will get over 75.
However, I know a lot of people who barely gave the HSC any effort and got well above 75.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
runnable said:

I simply beat a lot of people in my subjects and didn't care how bad my school performed.
The HSC is the survival of the mentally fittest.

HSC
Rebekkie said:
apparently the same amount of effort it takes to go from a uai of 98 to 99 is the same as to go from 95-98 and 90-95 and 80-90. So i'm thinking maybe it's not that hard? or i could just be having a particularly ego centric day.
What if it takes no effort to get 90? That theory is flawed.

jasonlouie

HSC
hey does anyone know what marks i need to get a ATAR/UAI of around 70>75 with these subjects

English Advanced
Engineering Studies
Chemistry
Software Design and Development
Studies of Religion I
Maths

simcon111

HSC
hey does anyone know what marks i need to get a ATAR/UAI of around 70>75 with these subjects

English Advanced
Engineering Studies
Chemistry
Software Design and Development
Studies of Religion I
Maths
Wow can't believe you bumped such an old thread of mine lol. I know quite a bit more about UAI or ATAR now. To get 70-75 you only need averageish marks. Keep in mine 54.4% of the whole state get a uai/atar above 70. So if you are at an average school and are doing average in all your classes you should get a uai/atar of around 73 or something. Hence if you are doing above average at an average or better school your uai/atar will be higher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)