how hard is it to get into UWS? (1 Viewer)

Monstar

HSC
My friend who spent 2 years at tafe for accounting ( i dont know the name of the cert but i know FOR sure that he spent 2 years there) got a shit load of exemptions.. the only ones he didnt get were macro/micro intro courses and 3 rd year level subjects. He did get 2 2nd year accounting subjects exempted. so he essentially cut his degree in half.. so really he will spend about 1.5 years at uni making it 3.5 years to obtain a uni degree in accounting + a tafe cert.. which IMO is great considering thatll probably give you the edge.

I go to macquarie btw.

colinl

HSC
N/A
My friend who spent 2 years at tafe for accounting ( i dont know the name of the cert but i know FOR sure that he spent 2 years there) got a shit load of exemptions.. the only ones he didnt get were macro/micro intro courses and 3 rd year level subjects. He did get 2 2nd year accounting subjects exempted. so he essentially cut his degree in half.. so really he will spend about 1.5 years at uni making it 3.5 years to obtain a uni degree in accounting + a tafe cert.. which IMO is great considering thatll probably give you the edge.

I go to macquarie btw.
oh ok. hows macq uni?

Monstar

HSC
Has its ups and downs. be prepared to get raped by kinda high standards.

colinl

HSC
N/A
Has its ups and downs. be prepared to get raped by kinda high standards.
i see well going back to UWS theres a lil chance i can make it but to sum it all up its not that hard to get into, but for some people it is. i.e "me" lol considering the position that im in.

kagura

HSC
There's no point worrying about whether you'll get accepted into UWS or not at this stage. The only thing you can do is to be prepared and research all of your other alternatives to fall back on. Good luck though!

colinl

HSC
N/A
There's no point worrying about whether you'll get accepted into UWS or not at this stage. The only thing you can do is to be prepared and research all of your other alternatives to fall back on. Good luck though!

already done my research. my back up is TAFE

mr_robato

HSC
Guys,

Is it too late to apply for TAFE?

I called them earlier today, I think I'll call them again and have information cemented, far too much Grey area in my mind at the moment.

I'm after a Diploma in Legal Services at Blacktown.

A lot of conquer.

colinl

HSC
N/A
Guys,

Is it too late to apply for TAFE?

I called them earlier today, I think I'll call them again and have information cemented, far too much Grey area in my mind at the moment.

I'm after a Diploma in Legal Services at Blacktown.

A lot of conquer.
if this is course u can apply by attending enrolment day then its not too late.

slms1992

HSC
Hey guys,
I got an atar of 53.68 and I want to get into B Science(Nutrition) at UWS which has an atar of 63. I'm living in the area which means I'll get 5bonus points. Do you think there's a chance I'll be accepted?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I don't want to sound unnecessarily harsh, but if your UAi/ATAR is less than 50 (probably even 70) then you shouldn't be thinking about uni. You won't survive. Uni is a harsh marking entity and frankly you will struggle to pass units. This every high school student has to go to uni way of thinking is flawed. If your UAI/ATAR is below 70, I don't think you have the attitude or aptitude for tertiary education. By all means, try some backdoor way of getting through (TAFE etc) but I would say your career lies elsewhere. You don't have to be academically smart to be a success in life. Kerry Packer had no academic brains at all but he had acute business acumen, for example.

John0

HSC
Hey guys,
I got an atar of 53.68 and I want to get into B Science(Nutrition) at UWS which has an atar of 63. I'm living in the area which means I'll get 5bonus points. Do you think there's a chance I'll be accepted?
Pretty sure the bonus points only come into play with UAI/ATAR's >60, atleast this was the case when i was doing the HSC.

mr_robato

HSC
nws dude, isn't enrolment day on jan 28?

Umm at Penrith Campus the enrollment day I was told [over the phone, by the TAFE lady] that it's on the evening of the 25th.

It's a Diploma of Property, yuck, hence I'm looking into other things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)