how hard is it to maintain a distinction/credit average (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Benny1103 said:
Pfft...some people make it seem as if maths is so easy because there is always a correct answer. If you do real maths, it's not as simple as 1 + 1 = 2. The correct 'answer' isn't always just a number.
Yeah the correct answer is sometimes an essay about postmodernism.

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
Yeah and the good part about maths is that when I'm doing a math assignment/test/exam and I throw together bits and pieces of unrelated yet complex and redundant arguments in order to make it look like I know what I'm rambling about, I am given a HD. Hell, I even have a guaranteed pass for pulling things out of my ass.

drew: I hope to spotted the rather obvious sarcasm in my post. I wasn't trying to convey some deep message.

Last edited:

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
Benny1103 said:
I even have a guaranteed pass for pulling things out of my ass.
ASPL1001 - Pulling things out of my ass 1A
I hated that subject. Congrats i guess.

On topic: If you work hard at it, you'll be fine. The times when you get crap marks for good assignments will be ballanced out by the times when you get good marks for bad assignments. Just remember it's different to the HSC ie. average is about 60, not 78.
With arts, you can at least pick subjects that you like or are good at.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
nope it doesn't, unless you want to overload in second year (as it's very hard to get higher marks if you do more than the recommended number of subjects)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Airness said:
What about in say Commerce and law courses? Is it as subjective?
:p I'm wondering the same thing. I'm not as concerned about Commerce (albeit, 80 for Commerce still sounds daunting), but more Law simply because its so subjective. Who knows whether the marker will love or hate what you write? Although, on the bright side, it allows for more open thought and opinion which is good + technically, you can't be "wrong" :)

Last edited:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
tempco said:
Well, getting a D average in first year Comm @ UNSW isn't hard. Work consistently and you've got it in the bag.
I sure hope you're right :)
So even QMA/QMB aren't that difficult despite the statistics/probability overload? :p

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
my sister studied 6-7 hours a night through uni and had close to a HD average in med. So everything is possible.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
sikeveo said:
my sister studied 6-7 hours a night through uni and had close to a HD average in med. So everything is possible.
=O wow. I'll shout her dinner for her achievement.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
sikeveo said:
So is that meant to reassure us or scare us? lol

Lundy

Banned
HSC
sikeveo said:
Providing that you have no life, of course. Seriously, 7 hours? not everyone has that sort of time to commit.

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
Hmm if you have very few (compared to a course like Medicine) contact hours then that "7 hours a night" can spread out over the week - it wouldn't really even eat up much of your weekend. So what you mean is, you do have the time to do it, it's just that you don't want to. You should make that more clear.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Benny1103 said:
Hmm if you have very few (compared to a course like Medicine) contact hours then that "7 hours a night" can spread out over the week - it wouldn't really even eat up much of your weekend. So what you mean is, you do have the time to do it, it's just that you don't want to. You should make that more clear.
You haven't even started uni yet... when you get to uni then you can tell us how lazy we are.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Many students also hold down a part time job to support themselves through uni. Add to that other extra-curricular activities and a social life....you'd be hard-pressed to find that sort of time for study, even with leet time management skills.

NonCompusMentis

HSC
Noone can tell you how hard it will be for you, just work hard and it'll either pay off or it won't lol.

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
You haven't even started uni yet... when you get to uni then you can tell us how lazy we are.
Actually I commenced the course in my sig in 2005. Rofl talk about stupid assumptions. Another thing, you read way too much into things. Just because someone decides not to do something, it doesn't necessarily mean that they're lazy. It just reflects where their priorities lie. So it is rather fallicous for you to think that I'm calling anyone lazy.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Benny1103 said:
Actually I commenced the course in my sig in 2005. Rofl talk about stupid assumptions. Another thing, you read way too much into things. Just because someone decides not to do something, it doesn't necessarily mean that they're lazy. It just reflects where their priorities lie. So it is rather fallicous for you to think that I'm calling anyone lazy.
I just couldn't imagine why else you would point out that someone simply chooses not to study that much, not that they don't have a choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)