how hard was THAT?! (1 Viewer)

goona

did neone else find the exam really hard??
i studied n i knew my shit, but that was reeeeeealy tough!
what did ull think?

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i thought it was okay
the only thing that really got me
was some of the multiple choice
and what influence the designer has on current trands
i spose how went depended on what u studied
coz all the things in the test i was lucky enough to study

_dies_

University Member
HSC
The designer one i thought was the best question cas i knew heaps on Collette Dinnigan, but moreso on external and internal things that led to her success. The multiple choice was strange and i had too much time to waste :S Not good. But i had no idea about the parachute question and i didnt really know mych about bicomponent yars, just generally what they were, not how they can be applied to anything :S. I guess it would have helped if our teacher had taught anything this year, or followed the syllabus... hehe. Im just glad its over!

aud

HSC
That was ridiculously hard compared to what I expected... I expect an A+ in bullshitting my way through though :D

But my school's lodging a formal complaint because of that bicomponent yarn question - cause it's not allowed to be tested, according to the almighty syllabus

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
bicomponants are in the syllabus
that how i knew that i had to know them
as well as washable webs

aud

HSC
mizz_smee said:
bicomponants are in the syllabus
that how i knew that i had to know them
as well as washable webs
Yes, they're in the syllabus, but only as an example of what could be taught/learn, not what must be taught/learnt. My teacher's a judge of the written exam, and surprised she didn't pick it up before...

But all that will happen is that they'll be more lenient... I mean, there could have possibly been every person in the state that couldn't answer it because they hadn't learnt it, it just so happens that most of us did.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i always thought that meant we still had to learn it
but i spose that was just lucky for me then
i thought having a teacher that hadn't taught yr 12 would disadvatage me
(and it probs did in the MTP)
but she covered everything just to be sure i guess

and i had similar questions to the parachute one before
in exams the school had set
so i was prepared for that.

<<lauren>>

i was really surprised by the wording of a few questions. i agree, that bi componenet one shouldn't have been so specific, but the question about availability of resources and impact of religion...with cultures with an (s). how did everyone else interpret it? i thought id cover all bases and started talking about india as well as modern culture, i was pushing to keep it on the page. did you talk about just the culture you studied or relate it to other ones as well?

aud

HSC
<<lauren>> said:
i was really surprised by the wording of a few questions. i agree, that bi componenet one shouldn't have been so specific, but the question about availability of resources and impact of religion...with cultures with an (s). how did everyone else interpret it? i thought id cover all bases and started talking about india as well as modern culture, i was pushing to keep it on the page. did you talk about just the culture you studied or relate it to other ones as well?
I used India as my primary example, but tried to draw it out into culture in general... I forget if I used another example... but yea, cause I had notes under those headings for India already, so just regurgitated them

_dies_

University Member
HSC
I wrote about Japanese culture and how the availibility of resources affected what they would produce and that religion gave them a source of inspiration in their garments, leading onto how their traditional costumes and kimonos have shapes todays culture.

HSC
N/A
hmm so did I...

Some of the questions were weird. I was expecting (and hoping) for really generic questions.

_dies_

University Member
HSC
As did i. I was juding from the previous years papers which seem alot easier as the questions are alot more generalised, so you can just write down whatever you knew. I am very annoyed at this exam cas im pretty sure i did bad-ish and i cant rely on my MW.. so my UAI will drop a fair amount.

WAs anyone else extremely sick of their MW by the end of the year? I cant stand to see mine :S .... I wish we had some idication of the marks for that... :confused:

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i haven't even gone to pick my MTP up yet
i don't wanna see it
ill just look at it and think of what i could have done

i was also relying ontextiles to pull my UAI up a bit
but i don't think it will because i am only ranked 4th
and generally a school is lucky to get one person in band 6
but i can still hopw for a half decent mark
so it doesn't destroy my hopes of uni

i don't think i answered the culture question very well
i did India as well i know i haven't got 0 for it
but i doubt i will get full marks

marilyn_440

i thought the exam was hard...a bit... i chose microfibres for the parachute question...cos there smooth, resilient, lightweight (non bulky) and strong...allowing a little bit of air to pass through...i totally f**ked up the surface decoration question...for the blazer, my teacher said machine embroidery would have been a correct response...erghh i wrote screen printing! for the marketing question (second q.) did you write the 4 p's or just two??? i only wrote two......should hav wrote 4

marilyn_440

sorry one more thing... i thought the questions were a bit off...i memorised everything under the headings in the syllabus and some questions it was hard to identify which dot point they were refering to... eg the advantages and disadvanges of surface decoration...i dunno

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
marilyn_440 said:
did you write the 4 p's or just two??? i only wrote two......should hav wrote 4
i only wrote two becasue that is all it asked for

oh and natstar aud posted the questions in the other thread

aud

HSC
natstar said:
What were som eof the questions?
Yea... exam's in the other post...

marilyn_440 said:
i thought the exam was hard...a bit... i chose microfibres for the parachute question...cos there smooth, resilient, lightweight (non bulky) and strong...allowing a little bit of air to pass through...i totally f**ked up the surface decoration question...for the blazer, my teacher said machine embroidery would have been a correct response...erghh i wrote screen printing! for the marketing question (second q.) did you write the 4 p's or just two??? i only wrote two......should hav wrote 4
Parachute, I did polyamide/plain weave - did anyone else notice that the multiple choice had 'nylon' as an answer? We were taught that the term 'nylon' had been deemed unsuitable, and the industry had started calling it polyamide again... the blazer threw me when I first read it, cause I saw 'woollen' and 'plain weave' together, and thought, huh? Took me a while to link it back to a blazer :D

And the marketing thing... I didn't write any of the Ps, only cause I didn't think to... I just wrote my own stuff... hope they can extract something out of what I wrote...

_dies_ said:
As did i. I was juding from the previous years papers which seem alot easier as the questions are alot more generalised, so you can just write down whatever you knew. I am very annoyed at this exam cas im pretty sure i did bad-ish and i cant rely on my MW.. so my UAI will drop a fair amount.

WAs anyone else extremely sick of their MW by the end of the year? I cant stand to see mine :S .... I wish we had some idication of the marks for that... :confused:
Yea... they actually sent it back in another box :D I was wondering how they'd get mine back to me, and now I own someone's box from another school... but yea, I opened in, looked, thought, yup, that's mine, closed it, and that's the way it's remained... I don't know what to do with it now though...

Ashems

I thought the exam was just a bit hard compared to previous years. I couldn't do the question on bicomponent yarns, actually i had no idea what they are and also the question on the blazer stumped me until the last 3 minutes where i read the question about three times and worked out it would be machine embroidery!! So it was an okay exam and would have been relatively easy if you knew the work well and had been well prepared

V

val_dramaqueen

well.. i got to the exam late and left first.
I hate textiles and anything to do with it... that's how much i cared about the exam! lol :p

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
noone in my exam room stayed till the end
i think that is a bad sign
but the majority left with about 5 to 15 mins to go
they usually say that we are not allowed to leave in the last 15 mins
but it was only us and three guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)