How have the exams screwed you over physically? (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I was sick about 2 weeks ago, just as I received my law take home exams, which sucked. But I just dosed up heavily on codrals, slept a lot, and was much better within 48 hours.

Bloody flu. If it wasn't for that, I would have been sickness-free for nearly 2 years.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
iwannarock said:
as soon as you decide its a good idea to start doing your reading in bed........oh boy.............its lights out.

LIGHTS OUT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aatjerFCRP8
that's so true.. i ALWAYS tell myself "i'm going to study and this time i will NOT fall asleep" and then soon as i hop into bed and read a few lines of my notes.. "i'll just nap for 15 mins" turns into hour or two =( poo

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
i'm at the - screwed up in the head stage now

I also stay up till all hours of the night, get up around 12 or 1 - but - I find i work better between 10Pm - 4AM anyway - less distractions around ie not much tv, parents go to sleep and so on so forth.

About weight, I'm still trying to loose a little bit of HSC flab - that just won't shift - then again sitting in front of this computer all my waking hours probably isn't helping either

ehhh stuff exams

HSC
my eyes are an unfortunate shade of yellow, my back has so many knots in it from studying/cowering it's probably easier at this stage to have it replaced, my stomach has stopped working, my skin is flaking off (for some reason it decides to do this when i don't sleep) and i am now coughing at least every five minutes (including while writing this post) due to intense chain smoking which makes it hard to sleep during even during my few budgeted hours. hate. fucking. exams.

HSC
N/A
:( Maybe it's time to give up the smoking?

Two of my friends are quitting over the holidays. I'm buying one of them nicorette patches as an early birthday pressie :D

HSC
that's sweet - i know i'll have to one day but they're one of the few things i'm liking at the moment and u need a bit of sanity when it everything hits the fan... really should have a crack at at least cutting down in the hols though - my dad's got to be getting suspicious since i'm seriously coughing all the time now and no one has a cold for that long!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I'm drinking 4 cups of tea every day, loaded with honey and lemon, to prevent illness. The second I feel a slight niggle at the back of my throat the kettle gets boiled.

My sleeping patterns are mostly stuffed because of the rain. It's so easy to sleep until the afternoon, so I do. Then i can't sleep until 3am. Plus there's no reason for me to get out of bed (work has cut my hours way down because of exams).

No real physical problems yet, although it's too cold to go outside so I haven't been to the gym as much as I might have liked.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
You go to doctors and they prescribe you Xanax and Stilnox (There's a new more powerful brand called Stilnox CR too) and Secanol and Sonata. Most of them are benzodiazepines, so don't expect any repeats. You can buy Valerian pills and even Valerian root from the Chinese health-food store. If none of these work, expect a referral to see a psychiartrist.

CieL

HSC
fernando said:
that's so true.. i ALWAYS tell myself "i'm going to study and this time i will NOT fall asleep" and then soon as i hop into bed and read a few lines of my notes.. "i'll just nap for 15 mins" turns into hour or two =( poo
bwahhaha hear hear!!

I make sure I nap before dinner so I have an incentive to get up.. and because napping screws up my sleeping patterns bad, I end up sleeping at 5am, then waking up at 2-3pm.. then I bludge and sleep again until dinner.. then bludge again.. and the cycle continues, resulting in my textbooks STILL being spanking new.. heck, I just streamed and watched a gig worth of Bleach last night..

Exams make me bludge too much.. moreso than I would even in the holidays..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)