How high is your school in terms of rankings? (1 Viewer)

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
I go to a top 20 school and the tests arent particularly hard. they just mark the tests quite hard (aparantelly a mark of 10/15 could potentially be given a 13 by HSC markers). The trials i must admit were much harder than the other tests but they were nothing like CSSA trials (particularly for math). We also had half yearlys so i guess that helps our preparedness for the final exams. not all schools do these but i think it helps. We had no break between school time and the half yearly and had assessments right up till the day before. I dont think making difficult exams is great unless they are similar to the HSC questions. Harder marking makes you more polished though.

Eg the top biology mark in our exams is about 90 but someone may get 95 if it was marked by HSC markers.

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
mack said:
One of my friends went to a school below 500 and got 98.55. So that goes to show you can kick ass no matter what school you go to.
correcto el' mundo
thats true, its in the STUDENT, not the school
what you make out of it is what your gonna get

followingthemia

i go to hornsby girls' high and last year we were 4th, which sucks cos theres alot of pressure to keep it up there.

2ni

;) WOO YEH
H-O-R-N-S-B-Y
Hornsby
Hornsby
Hornsby High!

we're number 4.

2ni

followingthemia said:
see if we're number 4 or not even in the top 200, we have the best school spirit!

I dont just go to Hornsby Girls...
I AM a Hornsby Girl....
:D

jawjayo

vast and green
HSC
well actually

guys we werent 4th overall. we were just 4th in english. Im not even sure if we were in the top ten overall.

crazy_old_jwg

HSC
jawjayo said:
guys we werent 4th overall. we were just 4th in english. Im not even sure if we were in the top ten overall.

QUIET YOU!! hehehhe.....go our school spirit neway :) u know we rock :D

twat*

what school do you go to MACK..if i can ask

just wondernig, cos i go to a pretty top selective school (like 3rd ish? i dunno..)and our tests are hardish, supposedly harder than the hsc yet there are always freaks in maths who get 100% or close......or 4 unit freaks who get 108/120 which is vertually impossible might I add...

don't fret tho, if your whole grade didn't do that well it must've ben horribly hard so just hope that teh HSC will be dealable. And because last years 2unit maths was quite hard i'm hoping that this year it'lll be a tad easier..

ps. who is fretting about english?? modules suck..

HSC
N/A
hahaha Hornsby Girls are all crazy...

And I'm one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodness knows what we'll get this year. We went from 12th, to 10th or 8th, then 4th, then like, 5th or 6th... like a parabola... :S eek scary maths stuff....

HSC
N/A
We were forth after the 2002 HSC. in 2003 I think we went down to 5th or 6th, can't remember. although we could have been 8th last year/this year.

I think we were 8th in 2001, and 12th in 2000...

What the heck will we get this year...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)