How HSC Markers, Mark Essays (1 Viewer)

Jojofelyx

HSC
I've been told that markers often just look at introduction, designate a mark and then wiggle about the mark they set in the intro by +/- 1 throughout the essay, particularly looking at topic sentences and linking sentences. Anyone's teachers say something different about this?

Thanks ! :)

quickoats

HSC
They get paid per script (paper) so they’re not going to take the time to read something thoroughly. That being said, as they mark so many papers from across the spectrum, they would have a very good gauge of what mark your essay deserves from a quick glance.

Shit and indecipherable handwriting will make your marker more likely to skip parts since they can’t exactly skim it quickly. Decoding handwriting means they read literally one word at a time and won’t be able to get the idea of your paper.

specificagent1

HSC
in saying that all essays get double marked so if the marks are too far away from each other it will be flagged for review

specificagent1

HSC

MyHeadee

HSC
i believe it was greater than 2 marks but one of the teachers at my school (senior english hsc marker) said that u just get the average
So in the case of getting a 17 and 18 from the two markers, which do they pick? Or is it a 17.5/20 ?

cherrykku

HSC
I've been told that markers often just look at introduction, designate a mark and then wiggle about the mark they set in the intro by +/- 1 throughout the essay, particularly looking at topic sentences and linking sentences. Anyone's teachers say something different about this?

Thanks ! :)
Asked this exact question to my teacher who has connections with regular english markers and a senior marker and it's generally false. But as with anything, there's still a chance that some will be skimming over it but as mentioned by people above everything's double marked and reviewed if there's any major differences in the marks given.

Jojofelyx

HSC
Asked this exact question to my teacher who has connections with regular english markers and a senior marker and it's generally false. But as with anything, there's still a chance that some will be skimming over it but as mentioned by people above everything's double marked and reviewed if there's any major differences in the marks given.
Really? I've been told they do that from the HSC markers themselves, but i guess some are just different then lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)