How Important is the IRP? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi, i'm starting yr 12 tomorrow and I was wondering, exactly how important is the IRP? In terms of weighting for the HSC of course.

The PIP is 30%, ext eng is 100%, so how much is the IRP worth?

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
internal assessments for every subject= 50% of the overall hsc mark

IRP= 25-30% of CAFS internal assessment

katie2261

HSC
The IRP is pretty important. I think ours was 30% of our internal assessment (which is 15% of your overall hsc mark).
Although, if for whatever reason you don't do as well in it as you would like it is not the end. :) You can still make up for it in your other assessments and HSC.

^emmie^

HSC
it was 25% of our internal assessment i think its pretty important

bondi

HSC
N/A
The IRP and the topic of Research Methodology can only be worth a maximum of 25% of the total assessment for CAFS- it states that in the syllabus.

sine24

HSC
IRP was easy as! I put a lot of effort into mine and it paid off..FULL MARKS! i think if you know you suck at exams..try to make up for it by doing well in your assessments. 25% is alot..so don't slack off..especially because CaFs is such an "easy" subject( in comparison to other subjects) so you have to make yours stand out from the rest.

jexca

HSC
sine24 said:
IRP was easy as! I put a lot of effort into mine and it paid off..FULL MARKS! i think if you know you suck at exams..try to make up for it by doing well in your assessments. 25% is alot..so don't slack off..especially because CaFs is such an "easy" subject( in comparison to other subjects) so you have to make yours stand out from the rest.

I agree, work really hard on your IRP, you've got plenty of time to do it. Find a good topic that you're interested in, and it'll pay off for you. Its good to try as hard as you can while you're still really motivated at the beginning of year 12, because whether you admit it or not, most people do tend to relax as the year goes on, and put in less and less effort with each assessment. So if you do well in your IRP, you can still get a good cafs mark even if you haven't done as well with your other assessments :)

HSC
thanks! you guys were great help....good luck for your IRPs everyone!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)