How is 11 units calculated? (1 Viewer)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
I'll most likely be doing 11 units for the HSC, and I'm wondering as to how it's calculated, with scenario type situations/examples. Thanks.

jazzbaby

HSC
you are welcome.

lol not sure i saw only prelim ones

sowwie

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
hey here you go
Without Wings said:
if you look/search within the actual forums for the subjects you are studying you will find most already have one (or more) threads dedicated to discussing available study guides. I recommend you check these out, as they already have a wide range of opinions.
hope that helps

speedofsound

HSC
bawd said:
Ooo. I never realised that was how they calculated odd units. Always thought 1 unit subjects were only interchangeable with other single unit subjects only.
So did I. Thanks for the link, very interesting to know. I was always curious about it too.

SeftonIsAHole

HSC
your best 10 units
since you're doign ext maths that could fall udner your best 10units so it'll count your worse 2unit subject as 1unit.

NikeThanatos

HSC
What part does the HSC exam play in this, though?

I have 13 units; I know which ones are going to be removed and halved. I'm curious, when they take that 1 unit, if it will just be whichever mark is better (the assessment mark or the HSC mark), or if they will combine the assessment and HSC marks together and use the mean in my final result.

e.g. For Subject A (2 Units)
Assessment Mark = 87/100
HSC Mark =

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
What part does the HSC exam play in this, though?

I have 13 units; I know which ones are going to be removed and halved. I'm curious, when they take that 1 unit, if it will just be whichever mark is better (the assessment mark or the HSC mark), or if they will combine the assessment and HSC marks together and use the mean in my final result.

e.g. For Subject A (2 Units)
Assessment Mark = 87/100
HSC Mark =

They use the total mark of both the exam and the assessments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)