How is bachelor of arts in Wollongong like? (1 Viewer)

Catastrophe

HSC
i think i might do B arts in UOW next yr and major in jap...any1 doin the course and how is the jap there? wanna meet some japanese people^^

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Lol. UOW + Arts degree = Centrelink ;)*

* Or "representing" a minority group and being brutalised by the police (as they should).

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
If you're good at independant learning, then Japanese at UoW is pretty good. I'm doing it now. I'm actually thinking of giving up a Japanese major, and just minor in it. I don't think I'm going to pass this Japanese history subject. It's not that it's hard or anything. I just suck at essays, I'm hopeless at them, so I'll likely fail.
Arts students are good at essays, so you'll have no problems with it.

santaslayer

HSC
Japanese is actually one of the better majors in the Arts department @ UoW because of the large poroportion of Japanese internationals here. :uhhuh:
I'm not too keen on the other majors though :(

suz

HSC
arts is absolutely fantastic, i really recommend u doin arts whether as a single or combined degree. the range of subjects is extensive n can cater for all ur different interests. I myself do arts, um italian, politics and history. Really no complaints from me. I have a friend doin jap n she loves it n the teacher. gud luck with ur choices.....

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
santaslayer said:
Japanese is actually one of the better majors in the Arts department @ UoW because of the large poroportion of Japanese internationals here. :uhhuh:
I'm not too keen on the other majors though :(
Ha!

Most of the course is taught out of a textbook. The teachers however absolutely rule. Even if you're not good with learning out of a textbook, ANY help you need, the teachers will be willing to help. They're alll VERY good.

If you do decide to do Japanese, and you get Mayumi for anything, there is NO WAY you can't leave that room without being in a brighter mood. That lady is always so cheerful, it makes the lessons much more fun.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I fully recommend arts... I'm doing Resource and Environmental Studies as a major and I love it.

Catastrophe

HSC
cool! but is there alot of jap students or ppl interested in anime and jap games there? cos my class now is like all girls >< ...and i'm a guy.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
gmraso said:
hahahahahah. We can always rely on you to say what everyone is thinking :) thanks mate:)
So true, and I'm an arts student... there are so many people who are going to be qualified unemployment cheque collectors.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im doing Arts as part of my BA/LLB...I resent the fact that they make me do a second degree I will never use. I hated the first year arts subjects I did last semester (politics, history and sociology) but this semester I picked up second year subjects and must say for the most part am enjoying them. Im not sure about the school of languages but I do intend to do first year Italian next semester so I guess I'll find out! So while from experience the first year subjects tend to seem quite piss weak, it seems it gets better afterwards. Obviously being such a small uni our arts subjects are quite limited in range and depth (Sydney has an amazing Arts program which I am sooo jealous of!) if its you second degree its sufficient.

Ninga

HSC
Dude, its arts, like, does no one realise this?! I feel like im taking crazy pills here!

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Ninga said:
Dude, its arts, like, does no one realise this?! I feel like im taking crazy pills here!
Some people aren't elitist fucks though, and might want to study something in the Arts discipline. Respect.

Ninga

HSC
Respect to those people who wish to pursue their interests which may happen to be in the arts faculty. Respect. I hear arts is good. Breeds ignorance though :) Kidding, i think i need more of those crazy pills...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)