How is everyone attacking Mod C? (2 Viewers)

Hscbuzman

HSC
Memorised 35 quotes and just practise adapting......... too easy

Husky

HSC
Welcome to band 3/4 if you do not.
Wtf are you on about lol. Even if there’s a reflection, you don’t actually have to quote the module c prescribed texts. You just talk about their style of writing (structure etc...) and how it helped you. If you don’t believe me, go suss out some of the questions they ask you for reflections and you’ll know aha. I think you’re the one in the band 3-4 club mate

Hscbuzman

HSC
Wtf are you on about lol. Even if there’s a reflection, you don’t actually have to quote the module c prescribed texts. You just talk about their style of writing (structure etc...) and how it helped you. If you don’t believe me, go suss out some of the questions they ask you for reflections and you’ll know aha. I think you’re the one in the band 3-4 club mate
I think my teacher who is the senior marker knows a bit more then you..

HSC
I reckon, or just read a syllabus haha

Will students be asked to analyse a text prescribed for Module C in an examination response?
No. The examination questions for this module will not explicitly focus on critical analysis. Students engage with texts critically in order to appreciate the power of language and strengthen their skills in crafting their own composition. Students may be asked to assess aspects of their own writing, reflect on the choices they make in their writing or apply particular features from the prescribed texts in their responses. In their assessment of their own writing students may need to reference aspects from a prescribed text and how this influenced them.

helllo

HSC
I'm wondering the same thing, I think I'm just gonna wing it an hope the stimulus inspires me ahaha. I just hope its not a discursive or I will cry

thinkinboufuture113

HSC
my teacher said we might need to quote in our reflection. say how they used that technique with an example then quote our own to see how we have appropriated the stylistc device.

MoneyMendez

HSC
N/A
Memorised 35 quotes and just practise adapting......... too easy
Lmao, I got 20/20 for my CSSA trials in module C without using any quotes. I don't know if you're in the current new syllabus for English or not but "30 quotes" is definitely not needed. Like @thinkinboufuture113 said, you only need to use maximum 3 quotes in your reflection to link how you employed the techniques of your prescribed text's text type, to the text you have written to make it engaging.

Hscbuzman

HSC
Lmao, I got 20/20 for my CSSA trials in module C without using any quotes. I don't know if you're in the current new syllabus for English or not but "30 quotes" is definitely not needed. Like @thinkinboufuture113 said, you only need to use maximum 3 quotes in your reflection to link how you employed the techniques of your prescribed text's text type, to the text you have written to make it engaging.
I bet your teacher aint a senior marker

Hithcock

HSC
I have just made notes on the plot and stylistic devices of my prescribed texts for module C, and then practice questions from various sources such as matrix, the art of smart and so on. I find that it's just a case of adapting your whole answer to the stimulus of the question if they give you one, or targeting your plot/ main message to the main concepts addressed in the question.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Memorised 35 quotes for module C??? Why did you even memorise quotes for module c 😂😂
"They evaluate how writers use language creatively and imaginatively for a range of purposes; to express insights, evoke emotion, describe the wonder of the natural world, shape a perspective or to share an aesthetic vision".

I could see it being useful to have quotes memorised, but it is the first year of the syllabus so no one can be certain at the markers expectations as of yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)