How is everyone going? Where are you up to? (1 Viewer)

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
I am just interested to know how everyone is going performance-wise?

Had your trial prac? How'd you go and what was the feedback like?

for my individual i was pleasantly surprised with full marks but our group needs quite a bit more work. Only problem is HSC is this month (or there abouts)

What are some of the problems you are facing?
I for one am finding it hard to balance study for trials and other major works with rehearsal for GP. Having a group of FIVE FRIENDS is proving a challenge also.

What are your thoughts?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Re: HSC DRAMA- HOW IS EVERYONE GOING? WHERE ARE YOU UP TO (performance wise)

i'm pretty okay with it all right now... i was really pleasantly surprised to get full marks for my IP as well :D *high fives hazaar* lol...GP is fine, i just think we need a little more rehearsal...the other 2 ppl in my group are gettin a bit complacent eg "yeah we'll be right, we know it all" etc.....noooo! must rehearse *cracks whip*

im finding the theory component a little annoying at the moment...with the performance exams looming in like 2 weeks the last thing i care about is american drama essays. but you do what you have to do, lol...

lowek

HSC

GP is going well we have a group of 6 so the whole choreography of it all was pretty hard but it's really working great. we have to perform one week from today!!
IP is going miserably..
Trials went fantastic.

uberschveinen

HSC

Group of six? How the hell do you get anybody enough time?

In that situation I'd've split off into two groups of three.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Man you guys have had no problems what so ever. For my group preformance we ad the following problems
1)was a group of five
2)originally C never turned up
3)then W never turned up
4) three people were making a play for 5 ppl two of which were never there
5) we were told to forget about them and act as if we only had three ppl in our group. So we made the whole thing with only three ppl
6) W came back. We then needed to expand our entire preformance for four.
7) then apparently C was coming back.
8) its all fine now its a group of 4

butterflyxx

HSC
Gilbert1 said:
Man you guys have had no problems what so ever. For my group preformance we ad the following problems
1)was a group of five
3)then W never turned up
5) we were told to forget about them and act as if we only had three ppl in our group. So we made the whole thing with only three ppl
what a pain in the anus =\

we've finished but gotta work on individual scenes so therefore, we're not finished.

uberschveinen

HSC
Gilbert1 said:
1)was a group of five
3)then W never turned up
I'll see you a person never showing up after we were allowed to start, and raise you a crippling disease.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
uberschveinen said:
I'll see you a person never showing up after we were allowed to start, and raise you a crippling disease.
So if I understand correctly you had both a disease and ppl not turning up. Ouch thats gotta huryt and i thought i had it bad.
Hows it going now though? we have to prform on tuesday the 8th for our parents and we are looking great.

uberschveinen

HSC
Well, we still haven't m,anaged to get all three (now) of us do the whole thing through. The good news is we all know what we're doing and we're good at doing that, so as long as we can get maybe a rehearsal or two in, it'll be fine.

HSC
uberschveinen said:
wtf is it just me or is this unreadable...wat hell speak english!!:confused: maybe its gotta do sumthn wit ur disease i dunoo

DoubleX

HSC
SuNrIsE_oVa_sEa said:
wtf is it just me or is this unreadable...wat hell speak english!!:confused: maybe its gotta do sumthn wit ur disease i dunoo
Actually, it was me who got sick, and judging by that response you've never played poker.

He's basically saying that we've had a person leave the group (as Gilbert had happen) but we've ALSO had someone end up really sick (me) giving us no time between the holidays and the Trials to rehearse.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lindataylor said:
my group is good, i'm in a group of three but before our teach put us in our groups our class was really worried that she'd screw the groups up and chuck us with the bad people. half our class is good and half is really bad, cleverly she put the good ppl together and the bad people together aswell but we're all in threes.
stiil being in a small group has worked.
hope u all don't screw ur lines up for the hsc markers!
a lot of people seem to have been 'put' in groups by their teachers...how do you feel about that? not having a choice, i mean. we got to form groups ourselves on the basis that we chose people we could work together with...i think if it had been up to the teacher i would have cried, lol. not that i dislike anyone in my class, i just strongly know who i can work well with and who not, u know... so how is it for the people who didnt get to choose? and why did you do it that way?

uberschveinen

HSC
The idea is that the teachers usually have a good idea of how skilled everyone is and don't create really imbalanced groups, and they know better than you about how to maximise the class's marks. If you leave it up to people, they'll usually end up leaving someone out or having too many people in group or too few.

Lazy teachers don't bother with this, so you don't suffer their lack of effort.

lindataylor

HSC
in regards to being "put" in groups it wasn't so bad, although i was worried that i wouldn't be happy with my group but our teacher said that we could write letters to her about who we wanted/did not want and why and that she would get rid of the letters once the groups were made, she ended up sorting the groups out well cos i got two people who i really wanted. i was a bit iffy about being in a group of three cos its quite small and limited but it worked out.

how does everyone else feel? or how did ur groups get sorted?

Last edited:

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Our group was kinda made by the teacher. we gave a secret ballot to the teacher of 3 students we would like to work with and they did the best they could.

But in my school the other drama class had there groups made by attendence. Yep all the good students got put together and all the jiggers got put together.

Oh just if you want to know. We preformed our GP to our family last night and it tore the house down. Worked so well but we are still working on it to make it better.

Good luck with getting practice. I hope none of them work at oportos.

Amy Lou25

HSC
DRAMA HSC so close...

We had a change of teachers at the start of term 2...half way between HSC year...that was scary! Before our old teacher left she put us in groups because she knew how we all worked together and alone...she did what was best...

Our new teacher is really great aswell...Guess, learning stuff from two different sources turned out good in the long run!

Its so hard working in a group when everyone is so busy...don't you agree?

August is so busy with Prac exams is anyone else scared???

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lol...i cannot wait for trials to hurry up and be over so we can get back to rehearsing! kinda tetchy at one of my group members who seems to think getting drunk nxt weekend is more important than our piece. but whatever.

Namlet

The Yellow Pirate!
HSC
Bleh, I changed my monologue and wrote up another one the same day I went shocking in my first old crappy monologue. Lol, now I just need an approval or anyone to critique on it. Haha.

HSC
hey how much does the log books weigh? like do they count???? has anyone not put anydates in their logbooks....PLEASE SUM ONE SAY YES!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)