• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how is Maq uni seen by employers (1 Viewer)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
usyd doesnt offer actuarial studies

unsw and macq are the only ones in sydney.
read the actuarial section for lots of info...too much to explain to you ><"

X

xeuyrawp

aditya said:
that was just pointless...

anyway, i applied for a cadetship and they gave me a call (a realli weird one) the guy was acting hard to get right from the start, so i took that as a compliment haha, but then he goes which uni u going to, i said im thinking of unsw ( i was gonna do economics there and major in accounting) and he goes "we can only consider u for an INTERVIEW if u goto macquarie or UWS" - then i asked him if he ffelt there was a difference in education between the unis - he completely stumbled, started stuttering a bit and said unsw and usyd obviousli are more prestigious but uws is fine (in that annoying uws pride voice - thats right u know wat im talking about) and macquarie is good - if not prestigious.

if ur a broad person, then ur gonna get a job from any uni.... southern cross uni gets heaps of graduates going to mad positiosn with large aussie banks and also finance related jobs... goto the banks website and see for urself... there is one southern cross guy in every bank website lol....

but yeh, get a distinction average, do heaps of activities (broad ranged), fix up ur interview technique and u can get a job anywhere...

but the thing is, only say 500 people get jobs in the big 4 accoutning firms.... 3000 apply... i dno, but it seems to me that if 250 are from usyd, 250 are from unsw... ur gonna have to be damn good at mac or uws or uts to get a place...

im too tired to write anything meaningful right now so please excuse me :$ sorry
good story, well told.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
aditya said:

anyway, i applied for a cadetship and they gave me a call (a realli weird one) the guy was acting hard to get right from the start, so i took that as a compliment haha, but then he goes which uni u going to, i said im thinking of unsw ( i was gonna do economics there and major in accounting) and he goes "we can only consider u for an INTERVIEW if u goto macquarie or UWS" - then i asked him if he ffelt there was a difference in education between the unis - he completely stumbled, started stuttering a bit and said unsw and usyd obviousli are more prestigious but uws is fine (in that annoying uws pride voice - thats right u know wat im talking about) and macquarie is good - if not prestigious.

if ur a broad person, then ur gonna get a job from any uni.... southern cross uni gets heaps of graduates going to mad positiosn with large aussie banks and also finance related jobs... goto the banks website and see for urself... there is one southern cross guy in every bank website lol....

but yeh, get a distinction average, do heaps of activities (broad ranged), fix up ur interview technique and u can get a job anywhere...

but the thing is, only say 500 people get jobs in the big 4 accoutning firms.... 3000 apply... i dno, but it seems to me that if 250 are from usyd, 250 are from unsw... ur gonna have to be damn good at mac or uws or uts to get a place...

im too tired to write anything meaningful right now so please excuse me :$ sorry
just a question - did they specifically request mac / uws because of the location of the firm?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ogm The Big Fuor Mustve Been Like The Cool Cos I Go To The Uts/usnw And I Want Lots Sekz!ds!

-___-"

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yeah the big4 are the worlds biggest accounting firms.. made up of:
price water house cooper
kpmg
deloitte
earnest and young

cr in accg

HSC
aditya said:

You're a moron! I hope u never got the job u prick (who knows if u ever DID get into uni anyway, u probably didn't).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)