how is this possible? (1 Viewer)

"Chubby"

HSC
i think this is where i should put this.

Im not going to name schools but i found out today that a school who is always in top 200 gets extra uai points or something like that for their students cos they're disadvantaged in some way. A friend said its cos they're in a poverty area lol

my question is how is that possible? when my school which is never ever in top 200 and we get no extra points. Also, my school is also in a poverty area, i would say.

Ok i might name the area. Top 200 school in the fairfield area. My school, liverpool area.

Please people, i need opinions about this :)

P.S i also heard that the school in the fairfield area is turning selective soon.

Number7

HSC
My opinion is that you're wrong. That just doesn't happen.

"Chubby"

HSC
i haven't asked my friends from that school about turning selective.

But ive asked them about the extra points thing and a couple of them said yes.

And i hope im wrong...it just doesn't add up.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
Some schools classified as rural, even if they do really well, get something similar to this...even if its only for a specific uni. Not for being in "poverty areas".

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
You've totally mistaken everything... No one gets EXTRA UAI points added onto their UAI... in this case.. i attend a school in the fairfield area... and our school is a PSFP (Priority Schools Funding Program) school... we get an extra UAI point, but through EAS consideration... we are automatically like every other school that is a PSFP school or a CAP (Country Areas Program) school considered for EAS under the ED CODE : S01A (PSFP) or S01B (CAP)

no school in the state is awarded with extra UAI points on top of their UAI... but disadvantaged schools are taken into consideration under EAS, which is sent to the universities and so on...

There are schools within my district that are down the road from ours but aren't eligible I.E. St Johns Park High and Westfields Sports High

hope that helps you and everyone else that has any queries

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I'm pretty sure those in the EAS scheme would have a lower UAI entry requirement into some university courses. No extra UAI points are added.

shariken

HSC
well when I read the Charles sturt Uni booklet, it said that rural schools near the uni's get their entrance mark ranked up higher when they apply there..Or i think it said that..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)