How long is too long for food to arrive? (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
30 miniutes ish. but i HATE when they don't bring themeals out reasonably close together. my boyfriend and i went out to a restaurant recently and his meal came out much earlier than mine, he waited for ages for mine to come and then he started eating his anyway he was nearly finished by the time ihad only just got my meal. and all it was was a salad.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
well its really annoying. when the people that came after you get served before you do. :| !

and well, you can SEE what you ordered just sitting there... :\
thats just slackkk. didn't tip them.

CieL

HSC
20mins is too long for me.. unless forewarned that my meal will take long than that to cook..

I'm a waitress and the fastest meal takes 4mins (pizza) to cook, longest being 25-30mins (oven cooked chicken)..

When customers do order the longest cooking meal, we're supposed to tell them before we put the order through, just so they cant complain.. cos I mean, we cant rush a meal.. can't give you half raw chicken =.="

Sometimes other people that come later get served sooner because of what they ordered.. pizza and salads are heaps easy and fast to make.. whereas actual mains like steaks n crap take longer..

Yeah, I went to some place which didnt give the food out at the same time.. I was the first to order, on the same table with three other guys.. all three of them got their meals at the same time, and I got mine 10mins later.. and since they eat like horses, by the time mine arrived, they were sucking on their cutlery..

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
20 mins too long? fuck, impatient like whut.

um personally i'd wait like up to an hour as long as they came up and let us know what was going on, and were polite about it.

CieL

HSC
I'm Asian.

We like to sit down, order, eat, pay bill within the space of one hour.

Why do you think yumcha was invented? You sit down and there's already food circling around you.. and sushi train, same concept..

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I can't see why it should take longer than 30-40 mins for it to be ready. What are they killing the chicken out the back themselves?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i'm a waitress at a really busy coffee shop, granted most of the food we serve doesent take much longer than 10 minutes to prepare (sandwiches, salads, pizzas, etc) but if theres a 15 wait, we have to tell the customer, and often at being told this they become abusive and/ or leave. If I go out for lunch or dinner to somewhere nice, I kind of expect that the food wont be out for at least 15 mins.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i don't mind waiting a while as long as i'm warned...like if i was waiting an hour and a half with no explanation i'd leave but if they said something to me beforehand or apologised i'd stay.

x.glam

HSC
too long would have to be exactly 5mins or exactly 5hrs. and time inbetween, quicker or slower is fine=D

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
prob greater than 20 mins...after that i start losing my patience then vowing never coming back again >,<

Sonata

HSC
i remember my friend ordering food which took a whopping 45mins or so until his food arrived, and there we're plenty of people who were also waiting. So im glad that i bought food at maccas which didnt take long

CieL

HSC
I used to be a waitress.

Anything that took over 20mins to cook required me to inform the customer of the wait before their order is put through.

Otherwise it's just plain rude.. they dont know what's going on.. and they're 100% more likely to complain if everyone's food has arrived and theirs is still baking in the oven..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)