How long to get to Penrith? (1 Viewer)

flabbergasted

HSC
The course i want to get in is Visual Communcation and that is only at the Penrith campus. Im just wondering how long roughly would it take me (from the bankstown area ) to get there?

And what would be easier and faster: train or car?

Also for me, what which uni would be closer: UWS Penrith campus or UOW?

kerfuffle

HSC
Dunno about Bankstown, but I live in the Fairfield area. By bus and train, it takes at least ninety minutes. By car, it takes half an hour.

HSC
By car it would be much faster. Penrith campus has lots of parking and me and my mates seem to get the decent ones even when we're late.

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
Travelling to UWS Penrith Campus from Bankstown line, by train you have two routes:
Option 1. (Switching trains once): Board@Bankstown>Switch@Lidcome>Arrive@Kingswood(PenrithCampus)
Option 2. (Switching trains twice): Board@Bankstown>Switch@Cabramatta>Switch@Granville>Arrive@Kingswood(PenrithCampus)

Both traveling times (including waiting times and the bus from Kingswood Station to campus which is about 5 minutes, which is also walkable) takes approx. 2 and a half hours (Plenty of time to take a nap)

Also, Option 2 may be faster by 15 minutes, since trains come more frequently at Granville than it does in Lidcome, especially on your return trip home.

From memory, the travelling wasn't too bad of an issue, since many people at Penrith Campus come from your area (south-west and inner) so you'll have plenty of travelling companions.

By Car from Bankstown to UWS Penrith is approx. 45 minutes.

Travelling to UOW, you'll have to catch a train up to Central (approx 40 min). Change to a train by the South Coast route (which departs at every hour) to Wollongong Station which may take up to 80 minutes. If you miss that train, you will be waiting a very long time. All up (including approx waiting/walking times) it will take you 2 and a half hours to 3 hrs

By Car from Bankstown to UOW is approx. 1 hr.

You can also get directions/maps at:
http://www.131500.info/realtime/newjourney.asp --> for Train & Bus trips
www.whereis.com.au --> for Car trips

Last edited:

mark899

HSC
I travel to penrith by train from bankstown station. it isnt to bad!

Usually takes inbetween 1 to 1 and a half hours to get to the campus. depending on how longs the wait is at lidcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)