how many accounting grads become CA ? (1 Viewer)

movie hunter

HSC
N/A
just wondering is it many accounting grads will become CA??and how is the starting salary for a CA ??is there a standard wage for chartered accountants(min wage) ? what are they hired as ??

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Why don't you start researching yourself? You are flooding this forum with ridiculous questions. Have you even tried using the search function on bos?

What are they hired as? Are you serious?

Look at this survey for some salary stats:

http://www.michaelpage.com.au/pdf/AU_2007_Finance_SalarySurvey.pdf

Why don't you make one thread asking all you actuarial questions...and one thread asking all your accounting questions? Honestly, there is a tone of information already here. Use the search function...

:evilfire:

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I concur.

These questions are mostly irrelevant to a first year like you anyway since they're things you'll either learn when you need to later on in your degree or they're just pointless statistics that don't affect you in the slightest.

You haven't even started your degree yet and you're already dying to know about your graduate job options.

But since I'm nice and all, I'll answer your question of how many accounting grads become CA's.

Here are 2 answers you can pick from;

1) WHO KNOWS AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANYONE ELSE CARE EXCEPT THEM?

2) My dad.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
lol
I didn't think about all this until I was well into my 3rd year...

but anyway, a bit of background, if you start work at a chartered firm, you'll have to work for 6 months minimum (to gain relevant experience) before you can start the CA program...if all goes to plan (i.e. you pass all the subjects first go), you'll finish the program in about 2 years, but to become a registered CA, you need min. 3 years work experience, by that stage you'd be a Senior Accountant/Consultant/whatever

In terms of salary, unless you leave your chartered firm and move into industry, you won't see any jump in your pay other than the normal promotion cycle.

There are no standard wages, and in 6/7 years time (when you'll be a CA), who knows what the economy/job market will be like?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)