How many ASIANS do 4 Unit ENGLISH? (1 Viewer)

how many english unit do you do?

• 2 units standard

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • 2 units advanced

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • 1 unit extension 1

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • 1 unit extension 2

Votes: 72 60.5%

• Total voters

Barnesi

HSC
Your all going on about how racist it is to call people asian but most of you people are also cateorgizing us aussies.

Most people genralize aussies as either sport jocks, drop kicks or nerds now.
I do chem, physics, 3U maths, 4U english, ancient history and software design. Occurding to my subjects I should be 60% 'asian', 13% 'european' (greek, italain or maco), 27% 'aussie' and 100% nerd.In my $unit class three out of seven of us are anglo-saxons, the others are a filo, a hong kongese and two bangaldeshis.

Only because I do 'intellegent' subjects well I am automatically classified as a geek and a nerd. The fact that I'm good at soccer doesn't matter and my skill with musical instruments only makes it worse.

I think before some of you start calling others racist you should look at yourself and the country you live in. All Australians (everyone!) make generalist comments, thats what makes us all Australian, but we all get offended when someone takes it too far by discrimanating people on their ethinicity. Australia is a multi-culutral society, that means we bag everyone out equally, those who don't are shunned.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
Barnesi said:
Your all going on about how racist it is to call people asian but most of you people are also cateorgizing us aussies.

I do chem, physics, 3U maths, 4U english, ancient history and software design. Occurding to my subjects I should be 60% 'asian', 13% 'european' (greek, italain or maco), 27% 'aussie' and 100% nerd.In my $unit class three out of seven of us are anglo-saxons, the others are a filo, a hong kongese and two bangaldeshis.

Only because I do 'intellegent' subjects well I am automatically classified as a geek and a nerd. The fact that I'm good at soccer doesn't matter and my skill with musical instruments only makes it worse.

I think before some of you start calling others racist you should look at yourself and the country you live in. All Australians (everyone!) make generalist comments, thats what makes us all Australian, but we all get offended when someone takes it too far by discrimanating people on their ethinicity. Australia is a multi-culutral society, that means we bag everyone out equally, those who don't are shunned.
it's all good, once you get to uni, everyone will see that race has nothing to do with the kind of areas of academia that interest people.

Last edited:
J

jhakka

Barnesi said:

HuzZah for you!

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
asian domination in my ext 2 class... only 13 people do ext 2 english while.. 60-80 do ext 2 maths :O

my school sux at english >_<"

tanjap

HSC
i TOTALLY AGREE WITH ' Barnesi's ' comments...i know this has nothing to do with how many so called 'asians' are in my ee2 class (2 for the record out of 7) anyhow...i HATE it when the 'lesser intelligent' span of people in my school refer to me as a 'NERD/GEEK' due to me doing 4 units of english, economics, business, legal and 2u mathematics...what seems to top it all off is that my ee1 n ee2 classes are offline..which means VERY early mornings...and getting to school earlier than everyone else for a class screams out 'NERD!!' dont ask me why but it does.
and as for my soccer, basketball and musical capabilities...they go unnoticed...my guitar used to kinda make me cool...but then when the idea of DEBATING comes into it and being vice-captain, it seems to be no question about it...im a dead set 'NERD'.
although, nonetheless i do have friends..lol...i think! :uhhuh:
cheers

eilys close

HSC
Sorry, but I'm here to stop people being racist against themselves:

Can you please stop calling yourselves "Asians". You've got citizenship, right? In my book, that's Australian. White white people have no more right to be here than our friends from Asia, so stop calling them "real aussies". Only the Indigenous Australians have full claim to this land.

Year 10 History made me want to get plastic surgery into anyone, anybody that wasn't white, lol. Did anybody else get that? Just me? Ah, well.

Most of the people at my school are asian. Some of them are very good at english. Some aren't. Same with people of all ethnic backgrounds.

But you know what we all have in common in EE2? We're all good at English. Very. Even the Asians.

So stop moaning and saying you can't do English. It's a matter of practise.

dianaCharleston

HSC
Me, but I'm the only one out of the four in our extension 2 english class not doing 4 unit maths and 4 unit english

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
some do 4 unit english, but not many. for asians, it's usually standard or advanced english. However, for Maths, its either 3unit or 4unit. Of course, there are exceptions to this case

5233andy

HSC
I do ext. 2 english and am of Asian ethnicity (technically, like someone said before, we're all Australian and I have a strong stance against the cultured notion that all who are of Asian ethnicity to be mathematicians and end up being doctors or lawyers). I've been called a wannabe white by a teacher, and "intrinsically white" by others and in all honesty, I don't care.

I loathe maths; the ability to express your own opinion about practically anything is absent. Some people cringe at the notion of studying literature. However, I consider literature to be a window into the macrocosm of the world...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)