How many books do I need for year 11? (1 Viewer)

airplane

HSC
Hey, just wondering how many books I will need next year. Do I get 2 books for each subject; one for class and another for notes?
I'm doing english advanced, 3 unit mathematics, chemistry, physics, japanese continuous and music 2. Any help would be great! :spin:

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
1 (200 page) book for each of chem, physics, english. 1 270 ish page book for japanese for hsc and prelim. 2 books (200) for 3u if you do a lot of maths

blackbird_14

HSC
I'd get a folder for music because of all the scores one accumulates- one score per sleeve works well. But book wise 128 Exercise book and a separate manuscript book.

elkedag

elkemaand
HSC
The only subject I had a book for was Chemistry. I used my laptop and notepad paper a lot (especially for maths), and continue just to use my laptop for everything. You don't necessarily need books, but books do definitely work for some people.
See what has worked for you up to now. I hardly touched or reviewed my exercise books in year 9 and 10.

HSC
For maths I recommend using two books at a time. One for theory and another for homework and math exercises. In the theory one you use it in class and it's basically going to be full of formulas and examples. The homework one is obvs for your homework! ALSO DON'T USE A LAPTOP FOR MATHS EVER < legitimate tip.

For English I don't use exercise books because I have a laptop but you should write on paper (and so should I haha).

Also make sure you know your teacher's preferences first but don't walk into class on the first day without anything to write on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)