• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How many breaks do you allow yourself? (1 Viewer)

Candypants

This is really a 'help-me' thread...

I'm finding myself getting really stressed out, not because I don't know anything, but because I'm dead sick of sitting at my desk, in my study, studying the same old stuff.

And so, I know people adapt to stuff differently, but do you 'let' yourself take a day off? I feel like I should but I am having trouble letting myself. This could be bad news...

So from your personal experience, how do you keep on top of it all? If you're feeling stressed of bored, what do you do? Push yourself, or just relax?

Really in need of some advice. Grazzi.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
whoa, sounds like you're studying too much. relax! take regular breaks!!! if you wanna go out somewhere with ur friends, do it!!! if work calls u in for a shift, take it!!!! no need to study 24/7.

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
when i am studying i change topics about once an hour (either subject or modules of the same subject) to keep it interesting, and every couple of hours i have a break for about 45 mins.
And yes, it's good to have a day off. you should have one. If you're having trouble go to the beach or something and take your notes with you, so at least that way you've changed your working environment
Hope this helps!!!

dezzy

HSC
This is my 2 cents worth...
I found myself during half-yearlies,ect getting soo stressed out days be4 exams, the morning of exams and stuff that id go into the exam and i wouldnt be able to write because of my nerves. i would shake, my palms would sweat, i would just freak out.
During the trials i said to myself that this cant go on- so i stopped studying in the mornings of exams, i would go to school and just talk to friends about anything BUT exams, i wouldnt even think about them. SURE i was still freakin out inside, but it wasnt affecting me as much. I have to say that my marks did improve. So did my confidence for the hsc.

Im not sure if this is answering your question or helping but yea..
so i would say not to 'over study/stress and confuse yourself' by just allocating time to anything other than exams. If you feel guilty about not studying as much then just study more effectively when you do study so then the guilty-ness will disappear...

Candypants

Thanks guys...

I feel guilty because I'm only doing 7-8 hours a day... it doesn't feel like I'm overstudying (I would classify that as 10-11 hours).

Anyway, I just feel like I need permission to take a day off. Haha. So if I know everyone or some people does/ do it, I don't have to feel guilty.

derek_

HSC
1 hour study -> 10 minutes break -> 1 hour study -> and so on

rebooki

HSC
N/A
As soon as your freaking out about the amount that you're studying... i think it's a hint that you're over doing it...
if u have a day off between exams go out in the morning or afternoon and get you're mind away from everything
i usually go to the gym for like 1-2 hours after studying the whole morning or whole day and its awesome... it gives you more energy to keep studying and you won't get fatigued from working so much...

i also do my work to music so i dont really notice the amount of time ive been studying for but i still learn massive amounts and if i listen to that music as i go to the test i tend to associate all the stuff i learnt to it and remember it waaay more... hehe
sorry bout the massive amounts of info =)

superbird

HSC
i only do about 3-4 hours of study a day, coping well, and am confident that i have performed well so far in my HSC exams

omg_a

HSC
i do an hour, then a ten min be=reak, but an hour or so for lunch, and the breaks stretch out in the afternoon. i probably do at most 6-7 ie yesterdays chem cram. normally 5. after an exam-sleep.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
Meh I usually study because I know I've bludged to much... then I study for aaaagggeeeesss then take along break then study even more... it's all to make up for the procrastination.

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
whenever i feel like it, but only for about 10 minutes. these forums are good too, coz you can study by teaching ppl stuff and asking ppl stuff as well. thats how i spent last night for touching up my chemistry ;)

chelseafan

the question should not be how many breaks do u allow urself...it should be how many study periods u allow ureself

well thats my case neway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)