How many case studies to excel? (1 Viewer)

KingTings

HSC
Hey peeps,

I'm doing a Qantas case study for business this year (has so far been working), but I just wanted to ask some graduates on whether or not it is possible to state rank business studies, with only this one case study.
Qantas has subsidiaries which enable them to be both a good and service provider, and more events has allowed them to become relevant for most syllabus dot points imo.
What is your opinion??

Thanks!

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Hey peeps,

I'm doing a Qantas case study for business this year (has so far been working), but I just wanted to ask some graduates on whether or not it is possible to state rank business studies, with only this one case study.
Qantas has subsidiaries which enable them to be both a good and service provider, and more events has allowed them to become relevant for most syllabus dot points imo.
What is your opinion??

Thanks!
Tbh when I did business studies I just either made stuff up or used stuff about Google that i read on reddit. My teacher said that the markers probably groan when they read yet another mention about Qantas (cause tens of thousands of people use it). It could be useful to find another company that interests you and you have no problem reading about such as a "fun" company like Tesla, Amazon, Netflix etc

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
From what I've read on business studies markers feedback (from BOSTES) and from my teacher (back when I did business studies) stronger responses typically used multiple case studies for the business reports/essays/extended responses.

Have 3-4 companies that you know bits and pieces about, and you can always make up (hypothetical)/ use real life business examples that you have come across.

Roy G Biv

HSC
N/A
you want goods + services case studies, preferably 1 each for differentiation (eg Apple for goods + Qantas for service) and cost leadership (eg Kmart for goods + IMO car wash for service).

it's important to note that you CAN use hypothetical case studies too, as long as they make sense.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I would recommend that you go in with multiple.

You also have freedom to make up a theoretical one on the spot that suits the situation if you know what you're doing. The markers aren't going to do an ABN lookup on the company name for every HSC response.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)