How Many Chapters Are Your Pips Guys ?? (1 Viewer)

princessm0ni

HSC
Im nearly finished my pip (thank god) and Im just wondering how many chapters have you all done in your PIPs... our teacher set us 4 to do but I found it in my best interests to focus on 3 and on visits to the state library I saw that a majority of the HD also had 3 chapters...

~Natalie:)~

HSC
mines 4. My topic really needed 4 to cover everything.

I think the number of chapters needed depends on the topic.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Don't have chapters, I tried, but it all felt disjointed. I felt a synthesised, straight essay-styled peice flowed better.
=D

But my friend Camille has 4.

Gabrielle08

HSC
I have three. It's a very very very simple structure. I tried to see if I could get more but it didn't work for my topic.

Lady Idun

Ipod Invader
HSC
So far i have 3...but i've been I've been very naughty over the holidays and have been procrastinating...I'll probably end up with 5 or 6 chapters and have to do A LOT of pruning...DAMN THE WORD LIMIT!:eek:

ZaraKu

HSC
I have 5, first chapter is a general overview of the topic i'm doing (domestic violence), second talks about teen relationships and how DV is evident in them, third is about society's veiw on DV and teen relationships, fourth is my cross cultural part and fifth is prevention of DV, most people in my class have done chapters (as far as I know)

courtneyy

Lover of the HSC
HSC
I did three and have 2 or 3 sub headings within them.

xJennax

HSC
I have 3, I originally intended to have 4 but I decided it would be best to just have the 3. They are long chapters though.

twinkles.

endomorph.
HSC
you shouldnt really base your number of chapters according to what other people say
If you need a large number of chapters for your topic, then thats the way it is

fimuso

HSC
I have five chapters but agree with "twinkles", don't base the number of chapters on other people's work.

Kimia2409

HSC
i have 6 chapters but that was just the best way to discuss my topic...take the advice of what these guys have said, you shouldn't base your pip on the amount of chapters that everyone else has done, we're all doing different topics..

tahls--

HSC
Five. My last chapter is a look at the future though.
One - an overview of 'Emo'
Two - The evolution of Emo
Three - Misunderstandings between the people in the subculture and people outside it
Four - Emo VS The Scene
Five - The Future.

saltgunner

HSC
I have 6. I began with 6, and found that my first 'topic are' was too broad, so I shortened it back to 5.
Then I began writing and found I actually needed to add another chapter to make it flow better.

ZaraKu

HSC
tahls-- said:
Five. My last chapter is a look at the future though.
One - an overview of 'Emo'
Two - The evolution of Emo
Three - Misunderstandings between the people in the subculture and people outside it
Four - Emo VS The Scene
Five - The Future.
Completely off PIP for a sec but did you know that the Russian Government is trying to ban Emo and Goth websites and music from being accessed? Just thought that could be something for you to look at for your PIP if you have't finished your it yet. :uhhuh:

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
for everyone who doesnt know, they are abolishing the PIP from Society and Culture, so that means us 08'ers are the second last year to do it

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
gloworm14 said:
for everyone who doesnt know, they are abolishing the PIP from Society and Culture, so that means us 08'ers are the second last year to do it
Thats shit. Honestly.
The PIP is the physical cumulation of your S&C experience.

jackie07

HSC
wow there not doing the PIP anymore?
do you know why??

Times almost up! R u guys finished yet?

tahls--

HSC
ZaraKu said:
Completely off PIP for a sec but did you know that the Russian Government is trying to ban Emo and Goth websites and music from being accessed? Just thought that could be something for you to look at for your PIP if you have't finished your it yet. :uhhuh:
Yeah I did hear that! I finished my main body, but would love to maybe mention it somewhere in there, in my third chapter or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)