• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How many hours a week do u have uni (1 Viewer)

Rory

HSC
I'm doing like a bridging course so we do half a uni-load so I'm only doing 9hours a week.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Mine changes every week, averages to about 15hrs though. But when I do my professional placements (1000 hrs over 4 yrs), it will be 40hrs (working the life of a full time OT)

First year (god I hate that), B Occupational Therapy, The University of Newcastle.

doingHSC

HSC
how come u guys spend so less time in uni, i thought every person gets approximately 4 hrs lectures and 1-2 hrs tutorial.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
It depends on what program/courses you are doing. At my uni, science units are typically 6 hrs/week, whereas arts units are only 3.
That being said, the courses with lower contact hrs, you are expected to do a lot more independant study.

doingHSC

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
It depends on what program/courses you are doing. At my uni, science units are typically 6 hrs/week, whereas arts units are only 3.
That being said, the courses with lower contact hrs, you are expected to do a lot more independant study.
oh that explains it, for a moment i thought i was overloading lol

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
23 HRs --> BE (2 subjects overlap)

Damn engineering, so many hours all the time. My Eco property friend only does 12hrs...grrr

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Only 7 hours - but I'm only doing 2 units this yr b/c I have advanced standing for the other nursing units I did last yr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)