How many hours are you studying? (1 Viewer)

Bobbo1

HSC
Stay sane guys, you don't want to burn out half way through he year!

nate224

HSC
atempted to begin study on the 1st but so far haven't really done anything...

Breeby

HSC
I studied zero. The only time I spent study were the few days before exams. OH! And in that break before the actual HSC exams, I did about half a paper every two days. Voila!

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I seriously can't be fucked doing anything. I did like 2 hrs each day for a few days before xmas but since then, i have lost complete motivation.

jarrodoliver1

HSC
I seriously can't be fucked doing anything. I did like 2 hrs each day for a few days before xmas but since then, i have lost complete motivation.
Exact same as how i've been. I keep saying tomorrow i'll start, tomorrow i'll start. It's difficult... I did a few notes not long ago, and started doing some chem notes today.. Got two weeks to get a start mate. You can do it!

Breeby

HSC
im studying 8 hours per week day and none on weekends :)
How the heck did you manage that? Even if you got home at 3pm, 8 hours later is 11pm. What about dinner, shower, chill time, sleep, etc?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It's normal to go through waves of motivation in HSC.

I recall in my summer holidays that I was like, must have rest till NYE, but then I just lost the rhythm and it was hard to make myself go back into it. Then I went away to camp for two weeks. So the last week of hols was actually when I started cramming work in because I was like, ehh Term 1 starts soon, actually Year 12 year :)

It's probs best you have it now than in the actual HSC exams, found it so hard myself to keep motivation up in that study period especially after I had the first few done and was just waiting to finish. The last exam I just was so ready to be done :p

Balls2u

HSC
3 hours a day keeps the guilt tripping asian parents away

fionarykim

HSC
Ahh about 4- 5 hrs
but i my study is so like GAHH, its not like full on, smart study
its like a lil bit of eating inbetween, a bit of procrastination T_______T

Last edited:

ayeplus_

HSC
+1. This thread makes me feel guilty (and I feel motivated a bit...) I've done 2-3 hours of studying for the first two weeks and so far, my plans of completing solid studying of 3+ hours have failed. There's just the casual distractions and what not. But since there's a week left, I'm going to aim to consolidate and cram.

jarrodoliver1

HSC
+1. This thread makes me feel guilty (and I feel motivated a bit...) I've done 2-3 hours of studying for the first two weeks and so far, my plans of completing solid studying of 3+ hours have failed. There's just the casual distractions and what not. But since there's a week left, I'm going to aim to consolidate and cram.
Many people are alongside you. I just cram studied chemistry all last week, and i'll start and finish maths this week. Maybe do some past papers Monday-Tuesday.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say that if you're aiming for 90+, 30 minutes is fine, if you're aiming for 95+, an hour is fine and if you're aiming for something like 99+, two hours or so is fine.

It all depends on the person though - you can get 99.95 with 30 minutes of study per day but you can get 95 with 3 hours of study per day.

In all honesty, you don't need to study a lot during HSC.

deswa1

HSC
I'd say that if you're aiming for 90+, 30 minutes is fine, if you're aiming for 95+, an hour is fine and if you're aiming for something like 99+, two hours or so is fine.

It all depends on the person though - you can get 99.95 with 30 minutes of study per day but you can get 95 with 3 hours of study per day.

In all honesty, you don't need to study a lot during HSC.
Well I don't know anyone that's pulled that off but yeah, I get the point-> it's all individual. Do as much as you need to be comfortable with the content and applying it to exams. Personally for me, I probs did around 3-4 hours a day in these holidays (though I went on holidays for a week), 3 hours a day during term (except weekends where I did less) and then like 5-6 during exam blocks. As long as you study efficiently in this time, you still have HEAPS of time left in the day-> I still went out heaps often, kept up with all my t.v. shows, movies, played sport etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)