how many hours of study a day do you think you've done? (2 Viewers)

jessied

HSC
RyBo said:
Yeah! fellow Health Science Nerd (no offense)!!

Aiming at Medicine - anywhere in Aus., and studying my ass off as well. I've got two years to wait until I can laugh at everyone else though.

For Med, i would study 4 hours every day for 2 extra marks. Its soooo worth it in the long run.
lol none taken. so your only in year 11 yet your studying more then half the year 12's?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I've stopped timing my hours of study.

If I time myself, I get distracted and keep looking at the clock. When I'm studying, I give myself a certain amount of work to do, and I have to finish it before I rest. This way, I keep track of what I've studied, not for how long I've been sitting on my ass. :p

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
lol joe 30? someone posted how they had completed 8 fucking hours each day

:confused:
I think it was Casmira or something

But i still havent done any study
I have started an assignement that is due very soon though :)

RyBo

HSC
jessied said:
lol none taken. so your only in year 11 yet your studying more then half the year 12's?
Yeah, year 11 and studying more. That just prooves my nerdiness.

But med is extremely difficult to get into.
Firstly, lowest UAI cutoff is 90 (adelaide), but most people need much higher (>99), plus there's the interview, and the dreaded UMAT...

But realsitically, 2 years spend studying hardcore = lifetime of job satisfaction + good retirement funds. That's what drives me.

jessied

HSC
RyBo said:
But realsitically, 2 years spend studying hardcore = lifetime of job satisfaction + good retirement funds. That's what drives me.
i fully agree.. except mine's more like study 1 year hard core.. half bludged year 11 and still managed good grades... the first thing my english teacher said to me on the first day of year 11 was "nothing you do in year 11 counts" so that was my attitute for year 11.. do u have assessments over 2 years?

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
RyBo said:
But med is extremely difficult to get into.
Firstly, lowest UAI cutoff is 90 (adelaide), but most people need much higher (>99), plus there's the interview, and the dreaded UMAT...
Word, I've been doing about 3-4 hours a day on average. [My trials are in week 2]

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Unfortunately I've completed no study. This is not due to any philosophy which stops me from studying in the holiday but just general pre-occupation with major works and procrastination. I hope I can pull of the study holiday thing next time.

My trials are week 2 and 3.

RyBo

HSC
jessied said:
i fully agree.. except mine's more like study 1 year hard core.. half bludged year 11 and still managed good grades... the first thing my english teacher said to me on the first day of year 11 was "nothing you do in year 11 counts" so that was my attitute for year 11.. do u have assessments over 2 years?

Yeah, same for me in English, and both Maths classes (B and C) but other subjects do count.
-Chemistry
-Physics
-IPT (year 12)

I live in QLD so this wil be different for everyone else.

Last edited:
HSC
goan_crazy said:
I think it was Casmira or something

But i still havent done any study
I have started an assignement that is due very soon though :)
i did 8 hours about twice and couldnt keep it up :p

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Casmira said:
i did 8 hours about twice and couldnt keep it up :p
good on ya Casmira! :)
You put the rest of us who didnt study 2 shame! :eek:

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
I probably averaged around 4 or 5 hours a day of pure study, but there was my PIP to finish on top of that, and a couple of days where I did less or more...
This however was more a result of me being lazy throughout the year and having an anxiety attack at the beginning of holidays than actually wanting to work lol.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Does this include attending revision courses in the hols? If so, whole day except for dinner time (1 hr). If not, self-revision is about 3 hours. Luckily, I did my notes accumulatively throughout the year, so I didn't stress too much about making notes--it's just dragging myself around to absorbing it all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)