How many hours of study are you currently doing? (1 Viewer)

CaffeineMotor

HSC
I'm aiming for 3-4 hours minimum, considering the fact I have 9 study periods a fortnight at school. So there are some days where I have studied an hour and a half at school alone (who doesn't love double study periods? :L). This includes homework, writing notes, writing drafts for my EX2 major, etc.
Love study periods! Including my Friday morning doubles, enables me to get so much more work done even before nighttime study.

Blocy

HSC
N/A
I'm telling you, sure - you may be focused on studying currently but once you hit graduation, you'd wish you had taken photos with friends as you may never see them again.
Omg this is so true. The nostalgia hurts. ):

aleks9797

HSC
Studying 6hours before each exam and nothing more. I have an incredible short term memory that only lasts 1 day but i remember a crap load. So reading my notes once and ill play some games lmao

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Would it be good doing past paper questions for each topic as you learn them to consolidate it, or would it be mainly just leading up to exams?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Would it be good doing past paper questions for each topic as you learn them to consolidate it, or would it be mainly just leading up to exams?
For Science and Humanities - You'd find studying the content under each dotpoint just as effective. Doing papers leading up to exams would be the better idea when you've consolidated ALL the content. (imo)

For Mathematics - Yeah you can do it I guess. But doing textbook questions for homework is pretty much similar but hit past papers earlier for maffs I guess.

Charlotte00

HSC
1-3 hours per night depending on what I have on. It's actually not that bad, I'm enjoying it.

gleeek

HSC
Personally I think it's a good idea. That's what I'm doing, and all my subjects are humanities.

academical

HSC
I'm doing around ~6 hours a day during the week and more on weekends - BUT this is whilst 'maintaining a balance' (anyone see what I did there? Yes? No?...I'm sorry haha that was really bad:p haha)

What I mean is that I still get to socialize and exercise and have time for myself. I just make efficient use of my time and have a daily planner. My social life is scheduled in along with everything else. And school finishes early too which helps a lot:) I enjoy all my subjects so I don't really see it as 'work'.

Thankfully I can actually productively work for this amount of time:)

Integrity_x

HSC
games are fun though :( , especially during this time of year when new games are being released
Ahaha, you mean like Call Of Duty, Resident Evil etc? :( I feel your pain; I'll probably start playing those games in a year. :(

HSC
I'm doing around ~6 hours a day during the week and more on weekends - BUT this is whilst 'maintaining a balance' (anyone see what I did there? Yes? No?...I'm sorry haha that was really bad:p haha)

What I mean is that I still get to socialize and exercise and have time for myself. I just make efficient use of my time and have a daily planner. My social life is scheduled in along with everything else. And school finishes early too which helps a lot:) I enjoy all my subjects so I don't really see it as 'work'.

Thankfully I can actually productively work for this amount of time:)

hahahaha i see you what you did there ;) putting biology into good use.

Maryanayeah

HSC
Starting year 12 next week, for now not doing as much as i should

harrietty

HSC
It's only week 2 of HSC course for me, so there isn't much to study yet. I've basically been finishing off questions and doing homework as study, which takes me about an hour or more every night.

pHyRe

HSC
Starting year 12 next week, for now not doing as much as i should
How are you starting year 12 next week? We're already 2 weeks through the HSC course in every subject except maths, cause maths is complicated with all the courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)