How many hrs per night? (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
lol 4 hrs a night..wowsers, i'd be lucky to get in 2. hell 1 for that matter.

~kiki

HSC
To be honest I didn't really have any form of daily study during my hsc. I pulled all-nighters occasionally when an assessment was due and I tried to complete the homework but other then that I didn't actually undertake any self-directed study ( I would class self-directed study as typing up and reading through notes/ doing practise equations/ writing timed practise essays). When the half yearlys and trials came about I did pull my act together a little and managed to do abit of cramming but I could never push myself to start until about a week before. The one thing I did work hard on was perfecting generic essays for all the different topics in english as well as writing out three alternative creative pieces. I also worked on bio dot points with a friend during the year. Notes for my other subjects where written during stuvac or sometimes completed 2 or 3 days before the exam. Although this is probably a more stressful approach it worked for me in the end. I'm a perfectionist and tend to procrastinate and push deadlines to the limit. So my advice is, do whatever works for you. Everyones mind works differently and it makes sense that not everyone can push themselves to do 2 to 3 hours of prolonged study a night without the motivation and adrenalin that comes from a fast approaching deadline. I would also advice that you work hard for your assessments and major projects and make sure that you are ranking well. This may save you from a bad exam paper when the final exams come about.

LiiL

HSC
N/A
~kiki said:
I'm a perfectionist and tend to procrastinate and push deadlines to the limit.
I'm the same!! I can see it now - the stress and late nights that await - argh.
My teachers main worry for me is that i'm a perfectionist and procrastinator (i try to hide it) and end up working on assessments until the very last minute. hahah i've had so many days off of school to get assessments done and i always tell my parents it's the last time.

Study hours per night?
hmmm i never have time to actually study because of homework and assessment tasks - both these would usually take me about 5 hours. If I do find the time i would say 1 hour (never effective study though).
and NO study so far during these holidays, i'm having too much fun.

Last edited:

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
davidbarnes said:
Who cares if you are Asian? We are all humans. We all live together. We are a multicultural society. We tolerate. We forgive. We cheirsh. We love.
don't get angry/
now i have high expectations for you!

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
risole91 said:
well it would be hard to calculate the exact number of hours i study nightly.
but it would be somewhere between 0 and 20 minutes.

if i'm feeling enthusiastic an hour MAX.

dcz

HSC
15 - 30 minutes a night, excluding holidays.

it's still way too early to be doing over an hour worth of work.

independantz

HSC
dcz said:
15 - 30 minutes a night, excluding holidays.

it's still way too early to be doing over an hour worth of work.
The subjects that you do, determine that.:D

~kiki

HSC
LiiL said:
I'm the same!! I can see it now - the stress and late nights that await - argh.
My teachers main worry for me is that i'm a perfectionist and procrastinator (i try to hide it) and end up working on assessments until the very last minute. hahah i've had so many days off of school to get assessments done and i always tell my parents it's the last time.
hah hah yeah.. I know that if I actually used my time, it would take me ten times as long-- I don't know when to stop :p.. The one thing I've never done is miss days of school to finish assessments. It just seems like cheating to me.

LiiL

HSC
N/A
~kiki said:
hah hah yeah.. I know that if I actually used my time, it would take me ten times as long-- I don't know when to stop :p.. The one thing I've never done is miss days of school to finish assessments. It just seems like cheating to me.
Desperation!
Yeah everything always takes me longer...need the time to perfect! :uhoh:

iniv

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Sounds pretty good, from my position I would've followed something similar to this if I actually did some schoolwork last year.

What UAI did you get in the end? :)

99.45 :) over the moon that i should get comm/law at unsw now

i feel pretty lucky to have gotten that uai, considering extended periods of slacking for a lot of my subs - only subject i really consistently put all my effort into was 4u maths, which i guess payed off in the end

Zephyrio

HSC
humglish said:
Well I do 4 hours per night. I don't thinks that unneccesary, nor will I burn out. I come home chill out until 4 (I live really close to school, so that gives me a bit of a break) study until 6, then start again from 7 to 9. (the I will usually read for an hour or so before bed) I don't cram, occassionally I do freak out about exams and stuff, but I think no matter how organised you are, this will always happen.

Anyway, with my 4 hours study at home, that adds up about to 10, with school time. I do have a life, I'm just organised about it. I don't know about you, but I find that I save my social life for the weekend, when I can relax, but try hard during the week.

And one final note, Don't waste your study periods.
Four's good. ^^ I try to do that.

The rationale: I get home at 4. I sleep at twelve. Four hours study/homework, and four hours leisure/internet. Sounds good to me.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Zephyrio said:
Four's good. ^^ I try to do that.

The rationale: I get home at 4. I sleep at twelve. Four hours study/homework, and four hours leisure/internet. Sounds good to me.
four hours/wow!!

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
我很抱*的人在这里谁是在亚洲方面,以我以前的职位。世界上值得和谐-*们应该和谐,和我一*。我们来到,我们看到了,我们被征服。好运,在高速船, 2008 。自由西藏!香港独立! !

cs01001

HSC
^ LOL, I know for one Hong Kong will never be allowed to seperate from mainland.

nikkilodeon

HSC
um.....i've done absolutely nothing these holidays.....and i don't even feel guilty. its the holidays, live a little guys!!!

ccc123

HSC
thegovernator said:
8-10 hours is fine and I commend anyone who can maintain such a laborious study regime :)
Dude...

Studies have demonstrated that the brain can only comprehend so much information at a given time. In fact, the latest study conducted by New Scientist indicated that students can generally not study productively for an excess of 2-3 hrs, or it will be information overload.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
iniv said:
99.45 :) over the moon that i should get comm/law at unsw now

i feel pretty lucky to have gotten that uai, considering extended periods of slacking for a lot of my subs - only subject i really consistently put all my effort into was 4u maths, which i guess payed off in the end
Congrats! :)

Nah, I'm sure you deserved it, you would've done a lot more work than me, so it paid off in the end for you :uhhuh:

Paj20

HSC
For all those wanting to get into those 99 UAI subjects. At the end of the degree they dont just hire you on your mark your also need lots of communication skills and experiences of working so how would you get that doing 8 hrs a day?:uhoh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)