how many hrs?? (1 Viewer)

pri

HSC
N/A
remember UAI is a rank, we dont know what wiill be needed to be done to get a UAI of over 97+ this year.

Pay attention in class and it WILL cut your study time in half, just pay attention in class then revise as soon as you get home what you did for bout an hour (for now) and increase in bite size pieces. Remember to enjoy your last year of school, and remember you can have your high UAI cake and eat it to, its about studying smart , i mean, just as much as is needed. Im NOT saying dont study hard, just dont overdo it at this point.

work hard and play hard

Originally posted by natstar
yep the UAI can change every year. I got 75.75 this year but according to lazseeker if i got da similar marks i did in last years HSC i would have gotten 85.somefin
my uai would be so good if i did last years hsc too, i would have got 93.20, but i got 86.60 instead- hey it's different every year anyway.We just happened to do the hsc with all the really smart people.:apig:

asymptote

Originally posted by natstar

What i meant was, how can u actually sit there for that long and just study. I mean sure u would give yaself breaks and shit, but everynite for that long. 5-6??? Thats like a whole another day at skool??????????
then how do ppl get UAI of 99???
dont say they r smart cos i know this person who got > 99 doing all normal subjects like Legal and 2u Maths....

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by asymptote

then how do ppl get UAI of 99???
dont say they r smart cos i know this person who got > 99 doing all normal subjects like Legal and 2u Maths....
You can't get 99+ without the glimmerings of intelligence at least I'm sure :p.

No matter how intelligent you are, you will still need to work hard. But I didn't work nearly as hard as people have suggested - 3-4 hours a night was my average and some nights I did absolutely nothing :p. Thankfully those were rare.

you need the effort and a high degree of intelligence-i mean you have to be smart enough to know the key elements of the syllabus

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by bobo123
was that the whole year through?
I doubt it ... can anyone actually study 3-4 hours on average!

pri

HSC
N/A
if you space it out I reckon its acheivable, crazy yes but acheivable

eg

get home at 4

4.30-6

6.30-8

8.30-10

thats 4.5 hours but you get my drift

although I should be doing this I dont because Im lazy

kini mini

HSC

was that the whole year through?
From about halfway through term 1 onwards :). Before that I was probably averaging 2-3 hours due to laziness and a competition I was entering that I had to prepare for.

bobo123

HSC
crap its term 2 already .... :p
but i swear i had nothing to do last year :(

crap its term 2 already .... :p
but i swear i had nothing to do last year :(
yeh, year 11 doesn't prepare you for 12 yr workloads.But hey....who wants 2 yrs of yr 12 anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)