• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How many openly gay/bi people at your school? (2 Viewers)

How many openly gay/bi people at your school?

Votes: 17 27.9%

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • 2 - 4

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • 10 - 20

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • >20

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Xayma
No they say all the good looking guys are gay, not that all gay guys are good looking... on an unrelated note I came out to my mum today got a good reaction.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

she was probably happy she wouldnt be a grandmother

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
she was probably happy she wouldnt be a grandmother
Lol theres still another 2 brothers.

Nescient

HSC
N/A
i dont get it :( how can so many ppl say there are no gay ppl in their school? im sure there are some they just choose not to come out., due to how they think others might react!!! 13 ppl said no gays... i think thats totally out of wack!!!! and going to a catholic school doesnt mean ur straight either.... alot of my friends that go religious schools is cause their parents sent them there, and why cant u be gay and go to a religious school? its just another sin and we all sin... so who cares?

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
Yep SMCC has at least a dozen gays in my grade.

Though some of them are absolute wangs.

aud

HSC
Originally posted by Not-That-Bright
I think this thread has alot of 'anti-anti-gay' People that don't like people because they don't like gay people, It's the same as anything.

Some people truely believe that being gay is wrong, as some people believe that having more than 1 wife is wrong, However different people have different opinions. Don't go hastling people out cause they don't like gay people.
The thing is though, homosexuality is natural and evident in nature, people shouldn't be against human nature because people have preached at them that they should be scared and/or have to go out and save us. If it was something like having two wives, then yes, people believe otherwise but that's morally wrong, not naturally wrong.

Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
are you saying that you don't know... ahahaha... so you're not gay after all :p

hey i don't know ok... cause they were talking about that shit in non-school forum... im not gay. ;)
I think I'd know if I was gay or not.

Originally posted by Xayma
Lol theres still another 2 brothers.
Haha... me too... and the way they act, they'll probably have a kid before they're 18 :D They're 9 and 6 at the moment...

Originally posted by Nescient
i dont get it :( how can so many ppl say there are no gay ppl in their school? im sure there are some they just choose not to come out., due to how they think others might react!!! 13 ppl said no gays... i think thats totally out of wack!!!! and going to a catholic school doesnt mean ur straight either.... alot of my friends that go religious schools is cause their parents sent them there, and why cant u be gay and go to a religious school? its just another sin and we all sin... so who cares?
They're not saying that there are no gay people in their school, they're saying that there aren't any openly gay people in their school. I couldn't survive in a Catholic school, apart from the fact that I'm not Catholic :p, but it'd be so... suppressing... my mum works in Catholic Ed... prayer, after prayer... she's not Catholic either :p

Originally posted by Tusitula
Yep SMCC has at least a dozen gays in my grade.

Though some of them are absolute wangs.
Wangs? Is that a good thing?

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by aud
The thing is though, homosexuality is natural and evident in nature, people shouldn't be against human nature because people have preached at them that they should be scared and/or have to go out and save us. If it was something like having two wives, then yes, people believe otherwise but that's morally wrong, not naturally wrong.
Uhh, douche, polygamy was big back in the day. It's only since capitalism has moved in and empowered the little men that they have complained and made it socially unacceptable.

Anyway your double standards are so exceedingly high. Defining polygamy as wrong and gay as right.

If anything, Gay is naturally/morally wrong (against production of the species) and polygamy is naturally/morally right (the strong powerful men pass over their genes for the betterment of mankind).

Take a look at what you're saying before you make sweeping generalisations about morally and naturally wrong and right.

(And if you bother to read my post, I say nothing about what IS AND ISN'T right, i've just pointed out facts)

olay

HSC
Originally posted by aud
Haha... me too... and the way they act, they'll probably have a kid before they're 18 :D They're 9 and 6 at the moment...
Hey i've spotted a trend. 1 out of 3 brothers tend to be gay! aud's family... xayma's family...my family. ok :/ so thats just three. :) anyone else adding to the tally??

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
Originally posted by aud
The thing is though, homosexuality is natural and evident in nature, people shouldn't be against human nature
Sorry, but i can't see how homosexuality can be 'natural'. Remember, God made Adam & Eve, not Adam and Steve! ;)
And how is it 'evident' in nature i.e. the natural world? (for example, i'm yet to see a couple of homosexual kangaroos get it on... because in the 'natural' world, that is clearly unnatural!)

human nature = sinful nature.
sin = bad. offensive. wrong.
Why shouldn't we be against our own nature?! Humans were originally created for a far more noble purpose.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Chicken. Read and learn.

If your hypothesis is correct, then human nature (including the natural urge to procreate) is wrong. Hence humans should die out. Therefore you should commit suicide. Q.E.D.

Aud, I respect what you have to say, it made a little bit of sense. Chicken, you failed to do that.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
And as an addition to my argument, there are examples of homosexuality in the 'natural' world.

Let me deviate for a moment:
http://www.salon.com/it/feature/1999/03/cov_15featurea.html
http://www.bidstrup.com/sodomy.htm
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/031225377X/104-9479285-8435961?v=glance

And back onto the point of your stupid argument, there is no possible reasoning that explains why human nature is in fact sinful nature. It's as if you've just assumed that for no particular reason.

You wan't to know why we SHOULDN'T be against our own nature? Because in condemning our own nature, we're denying who we are. Fool.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Wow, someone thought I was right. Cool.

Anyway, the point of all my nagging. You may not like what some people do. Fine. But as long as they're not directly affecting you in a bad way, then it's all good.

aud

HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Uhh, douche, polygamy was big back in the day. It's only since capitalism has moved in and empowered the little men that they have complained and made it socially unacceptable.

Anyway your double standards are so exceedingly high. Defining polygamy as wrong and gay as right.

If anything, Gay is naturally/morally wrong (against production of the species) and polygamy is naturally/morally right (the strong powerful men pass over their genes for the betterment of mankind).

Take a look at what you're saying before you make sweeping generalisations about morally and naturally wrong and right.

(And if you bother to read my post, I say nothing about what IS AND ISN'T right, i've just pointed out facts)
Sorry, I meant to say, 'people believe otherwise because they thing that it's morally wrong, not naturally wrong', just didn't come out that way.

I have nothing against polygamy... I like the idea of monogamy but I don't see polygamy as wrong.

But what you're saying is that polygamy was socially acceptable before, yes, it was, but so was homosexuality. Then when capitalisation occurred, they were both deemed wrong, but one became 'morally wrong' and the other 'naturally wrong', unfortunately.

And you don't say nothing about what is and isn't right, read your own post before telling me to.

Originally posted by chookyn
Sorry, but i can't see how homosexuality can be 'natural'. Remember, God made Adam & Eve, not Adam and Steve! ;)
And how is it 'evident' in nature i.e. the natural world? (for example, i'm yet to see a couple of homosexual kangaroos get it on... because in the 'natural' world, that is clearly unnatural!)

human nature = sinful nature.
sin = bad. offensive. wrong.
Why shouldn't we be against our own nature?! Humans were originally created for a far more noble purpose.
Oh... let me guess, devoted Christian? Don't forget, your God created Adam and Lilith first, and you just conveniently left her out because she fought for equity, and we couldn't have that now, could we?

And I'm guessing you live in Australia... which means that it isn't likely you would have seen two gay kangaroos getting it on with each other, but try going out in the ocean and watching a herd of dolphins. You might be surprised.

And I do agree with Keypad on this one, if being alive is such a sin and you need to repent, then there's no poitn to live. And humans are naturally bad, but were "created for a far more noble purpose", does that mean that our purpose is fulfilled by being bad? I don't think so.

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
If your hypothesis is correct, then human nature (including the natural urge to procreate) is wrong. Hence humans should die out. Therefore you should commit suicide. Q.E.D.
Let me clarify. I said the human nature is wrong because it is a selfish nature.

The "natural urge to procreate" is not wrong. Is there anything selfish about procreation? No, not usually, because parents generally look beyond their own needs to the needs of their offspring.

Think about it: If God created people, then he also created this "natural urge" to have sex. He even specifically TOLD the first couple to fill the earth and multiply! So there's nothing wrong with procreation in itself.

It's about procreation in the right context. And what is "the right context?" A legitimate marriage relationship between a man and woman.

Now, if everyone in the world was homosexual, then the human race would die out. (No suicide necessary ;))
God's original design ensured that the human race could never die out. Deviating from this original design gains nothing for the human race.

And back onto the point of your stupid argument, there is no possible reasoning that explains why human nature is in fact sinful nature. It's as if you've just assumed that for no particular reason.
Human nature is sinful nature. Here's the reason why:

Since the beginning of the Earth's history (back in the Garden of Eden, when Eve took the forbidden fruit), humans have chosen to disobey God. Living in disobedience to God's word is sin.
Therefore, because humans have disobeyed God, and continue to disobey God, (and in effect, follow satan, the deceiver) we have a sinful nature. In fact, we were born with this sinful nature. It is this sin that separates us from God. Thankfully, there's a remedy for this situation.

You don't have to be, or consider yourself, 'religious' - just being a live, human being makes it apply to you. :)

You wan't to know why we SHOULDN'T be against our own nature? Because in condemning our own nature, we're denying who we are.
In saying what I did, I meant that we shouldn't live in favour of our sinful nature. In other words, following the lusts of our sinful nature - the lusts of the flesh. We don't even need to be condemning our nature. Our very nature (as sinners) condemns US!

RE: homosexual animals. The natural world, to some degree, has been degraded by sin as well, (i.e. thorns, prickles, rotten fruit, and death - these are all direct consquences of sin) so you can't really look to what "nature" does as a pattern for your own life.

Hopefully people will one day realise that doing "what feels right" isn't necessarily the same as doing what's right.

I realise that you may not agree with what I've posted, and that's fine. Your entitled to your opinion, just like we all are. :)

btw, it's "chookyn" ;)
And you needn't resort to insults or name-calling.
Please, let's keep this a respectful dialogue. :)

Last edited:

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
You may not like what some people do. Fine. But as long as they're not directly affecting you in a bad way, then it's all good.
Well, not quite all good...

I'm not worried if people, by doing what they choose to, affect me directly - even IF it's in a bad way. I'm more concerned for the individuals themselves (their overall wellbeing), and their subtle influence on society.

Originally posted by aud
And I do agree with Keypad on this one, if being alive is such a sin and you need to repent, then there's no poitn to live.
But there is a point to living once a person repents. ;)

And humans are naturally bad, but were "created for a far more noble purpose", does that mean that our purpose is fulfilled by being bad? I don't think so.
Guess what? I don't think so either. Our real purpose can only be fulfilled once we realise that God has created us for so much more than merely doing whatever we want, when it seems right. I just wish I could somehow explain it - but God's way is just SO much better! I haven't looked back... :)

Last edited:

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
You still haven't proven being selfish is necessarily bad. As long as you don't impede upon someone else in the process, there isn't anything wrong with looking after number 1 (yourself0.

Your arguments are based upon the idea of God, which is unprovable. And hence, all you've said as proof is irrelevant. My proof is based upon what humans feel right doing. There is no proof that what we feel right doing is not what is right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)