how many P.Skr.. poems? (1 Viewer)

sly fly

HSC
hey just wondering, how many of Skryznecki's poems are we supposed to use in section 3 of the area of study paper? Are we sposed to mention all of them and only cover 1 in detail or do we just do like 2 in detail or what? Thanx

oh and also, i've noticed that with a lot of the practice essays and stuff in the resource section, ppl have started their essays and stuff witha quote about journeys. Why have they done that? (and no, the quotes were not part of the question)

Thanx

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
we were told to do 3 in detail and passing reference the rest of the poems

hikari

HSC
they did that in order to establish their thesis and show they have some background knowledge on journeys. just shows u have more insight and actually bothered to go out there and find a quote x)

anyways i dunno how many poems you use.. i've been told it's 3 but discussing 5 texts is ludicrous in my opinion o_O;

davo_

good kid
HSC
Well I think we were told to do 2, then one from the stimulus booklet, and 2 of your own. Well thats what I did and I got a band 5 in english so it can't have been too wrong.

Peartie

HSC
we were told that either do ONE in HEAPS of detail or 2 in not so much detail.....

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
The more you do, the less detail you incude. Lack of detail equates to a superficial answer.

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
we were told the hsc generally asks for 2 in detail, with references to the others

and only a few times have the hsc asked for a specific poem....

hope that helps...

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
2 in detail is better than 3 done superficially
i dont know how there is time to do 3 in detail AND have the bos text and 2 of ur own choosing in 40 minutes?!
so 2...

Peartie

HSC
the question wont always ask 4 2 ORT, it could say 1 from booklet and 1 of your own choosing, vice versa, or 2 or each or 1 and 2.

In regards to P.S, it only says in reference to YOUR PRESCRIBED TEXT which means that it doesnt matter how many poems you do. IF and only IF you can write 1.5-2.5 pages on ONE poem then you are able to only have to write on ONE poem.

bekstah

HSC
N/A
you need to learn ALL the poems, and know THREE in perfect detail,
then select the poems that are suited for the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)