How many pages did you write? [Merged] (1 Viewer)

SL33pY

ceo of the banana factory
HSC
Re: How many pages did you write? (merged(

A- 7
B-7
C-6

man seems i wrote so little compared to you guys.... i finished with 2 mins to spare :D
my hands still killing me ><

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC

This was the best english paper that we could have got i wrote the most i ever have...

Chaucer/A Simple Plan-11
King lear-12
1984-14

jsb8189

HSC

A (BNW/BR) - 17
B (Speeches) - 12
C (A&C) - 16

= 45 pages, at about 5 words a line

...but was preety messy...hope they read it

jsb8189

HSC
Re: How many pages did you write? (merged)

A: 17
B: 13
C: 15

= 45 pages

bout 5-6 words a line

margaux

HSC
N/A

what happens when if they cant read your writing??????

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC

ummm i keep forgetting to count exactly, but it went a little something like this:

A: 10-11 pages
B: 9-10 pages
C: 13-14 pages

Riona

Pfeffernuesse?
HSC

I don't even know... When I really get into writing I'm not going to take the time to count my pages. :|

Riviet

HSC
N/A

margaux said:
what happens when if they cant read your writing??????
If you're really lucky, they'll sit down for up to hours trying to decipher your hieroglyphic-like handwriting. If otherwise, they just don't bother marking your paper and you get zero for that section.

ashh

HSC
mod A: 9
mod B: 8
mod C: 8

i consider this quite good as i have small writing. i was impressed, however my hand was killing me by the end. ne1 else in pain? was bit sore after friday as well. guess we'll get used 2 it over the next couple of weeks tho...

Last edited:

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
I - 3.5
II - 3
III - 3.5

how the hell did any og you exceed 10 pages per part?!?!

-P_D

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
Re: How many pages did you write?

Harry Flashman said:
Do you get friction burns from writing one page every 2.1 minutes?

LOLZ... well i went into all exams thinking, "ok this is gonna b my last time ever doing my FAVOURITE COURSE lolz... and so i thought of how English contributes alot to the UAI and that jus motivated, the fact that we only have 2 hrs left of english.. and it wasnt a memorised essay or anything.. i dunt roll like that... and even if i had a generic one i would fuckd up cuz in my modules and texts they specified... sorry i dunt know when to end the quotation marks"

i jus cant wait till Eco and Legal... my favourite subjex.. oh and im half way!!! :D 3 more exams to go... Pd eco and legal...

goodluck all

TimtheEnchanter

HSC
This is a bit off tiopic, but please hear me out and plz reply

I don't see why we're sposed to analyse texts from the feminist, marxist etc perspective (not that it matters now). This has been an issue of debate in politics since someone accused the cirriculum of being Left-wing. If this doesn't make people realise that when you talk to someone you don't weed out every little piece of verbal meaning imaginable along with their posture and the rest of the misen'scene then nothing will.
I always suspected the English course was a crock, just a way to make the gov't look like it's upping the average IQ of the common man (or woman) or making typical conversations more interesting, but I have yet to discover a profession besides professional critic that requires the level of mutilation of texts that we have just learnt.

It's not just me who thinks that studying texts in all these ways that authors never intended destroyed the experience of reading/viewing the text, is it?

When I told my Enlgish teacher that I didn't have to finish the HCS to get where I wanted to go, she simply asked me: "then why are you here?". This is when it finally clicked that not only is the point of school void of learning for the sake of learning, but it's new point is to present students as a marketable product of the business that are schools. What happened to mankind's thirst for knowledge?

At my school we are always compared to a famous student in the length of our responses, and this English-loving girl could write a lined A4 page in 2 minutes, and it takes most of us 10. She got the highest UAI my school's history, a 99.8, and has been the benchmark to which our teachers compare us ever since.

I ask you, is this helpful? She was obviously one in a million, but is tragically only remembered because she was good at schoolwork.

For those of you doing Modern History and Weimar Germany, this stuff is gold! It tells us how things ended up the way they did, why they did, who stuffed up where and also gives a good idea of how Iraq will wrap up. Facts, people! Board-approved facts!

I know I won't be the only one feeling a bit put out if i never have to use my hard-learnt English skills again after all this hoo-ha.

JustWin

HSC
BNW/BR - 23 pages of quality
Gwenharwood - 17 pages of bs
Frontline - 18 pages of quality

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A

A (BR/BNW): 9
B (Speeches): 12
C (Ant.&Cleo.): 12
= 33

Celebrant

HSC

Module A = 8
Module B = 7
Module C = 4
Total = 19

I didn't finish :'(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)