How Many Pages Did You Write? (1 Viewer)

p342i

HSC
Ok guys, I know this is a precarious issue but its always interesting to see how much people can do for 1 hour long section.

I personally really wanted to get within striking range of the Examplar response which is 22 pages long.

Essay - 20 pages
Story - 19 pages

So 39 in total, which seems to be a recurring number for most of my exams. I know how much you put per line, how many paragraphs you use, the format of dialogue etc all impacts on page length, but the way I see it, when they have two responses, both as good as each other and both say have the same amount of words but one is 20 pages the other is 15; and they have to set boundaries for both, it always helps to have the perception of writing a long essay.

[I think getting to your 4th* booklet is always good]

* thats of course when your first booklet is 8 pages, and all subsequent ones are 4.

em jayne

HSC
Holy gee! Omg...i only wrote 26...it wasnt nearly as bad as i thought it'd be. i really didnt study though...and im so happy they didnt ask us to write an essay on genre!!

N4FE

HSC
Five booklets all up, Around 33 pages. Which was pretty alot compared to my fellow students.

Last edited:

sarah89

HSC
postmodernism essay:16 pages. happy with that, dealt with all texts well
story: 13 pages.

so all up 29. my hand hurts. ow.

crimsonking

HSC
14 and 16 I think.

I didn't get to finish my conclusion for the essay, but I still think that I did a satisfactory job.

lovelyq00

HSC
i write kinda big so like 4-5 words a line

but for my essay i wrote 32 pages

and for my creative i wrote 21 pages

Nat_nat

story - 16
essay - 24

5th book was nice to get, seeing as they were all 8 pgs long...sweet

sensun679

HSC
lovelyq00 said:
i write kinda big so like 4-5 words a line

but for my essay i wrote 32 pages

and for my creative i wrote 21 pages
OMG! Can you tell me how you managed to write over 5000 words for your essays. I must know your secret!

Esqarial

HSC
Postmodernism

Essay: 23
Creative: 23

Circa 5 words a line for what its worth. I did lightning write exercises heading into the trials and then again briefly leading into area of study. For the most part however, I'm tiring of people always bringing up "quality over quantity" - we'll see how the marking ultimately turns out.

53 pages though...wow!
Edit: 64 even..

Last edited:

angelzstorm

Premium Member
HSC
sensun679 said:
OMG! Can you tell me how you managed to write over 5000 words for your essays. I must know your secret!

Essay: 48 pages
Creative: 16 pages

64 pages all up, i wrote super fast and big

sillysana

HSC
angelzstorm said:
Essay: 48 pages
Creative: 16 pages

64 pages all up, i wrote super fast and big

no offence, but i feel sorry for the person who has to mark your 48 page essay.

But then i guess i feel sorry for the person who has to mark my essay since its an 8 page peace of crap lol

Esqarial

HSC
The markers are doing so for a set duration, not a set number of answers, so ultimately there's no need to be concerned if you're pulling out the megafauna handwriting and writing 9000 pages per question.

As long as it's still legible, up-scaled handwriting may possibly a help, moreover than a hindrance - at least the markers will be able to read it, and, if anything else, it could be kind of refreshing...

Last edited:

lovelyq00

HSC
sensun679 said:
well i do postmodernism right, and the creative writing for postmodernsim for me always has lots of spaces, coz i do drawings and stuff in there, and its all full of dialogue so all together its not around 5000...

my prepared essay was 2500 and my creative was around 1400, so its less than 4000, haha just has an illusion of 5000 i guess

JayJay07

HSC
10 for each. I write medium sized I guess, and was VERY happy with my answers.

The teacher notes for previous exam years regularly state that 8-10 pages of good quality material is better than 20+ with a whole lot of filler.

p342i

HSC
JayJay07 said:
10 for each. I write medium sized I guess, and was VERY happy with my answers.

The teacher notes for previous exam years regularly state that 8-10 pages of good quality material is better than 20+ with a whole lot of filler.
Sorry to be antagonistic, but what if you write 20 pages of quality as I did; and my writing is medium (7 words per lin). I agree, 48 pages is a little excessive and your most likely to just piss off the marker; but I dont think 10 pages in one hour section in an extension subject is going to cut it.

Exemplar is 22 pages of big writing (5 lines, use that as a guide.

[plus I dont believe that person wrote 48 pages]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)