How Many Pages Did You Write? (1 Viewer)

wytcpl

HSC
slash013sxe said:
hmmmm not a bad start, certainly, but i'm not sure that'll do it. personally i wrapped up the 60 page essay in about 9 minutes, which was unfortunately a bit behind schedule, allowing me to really kick into the creative.

I had actually contracted a local pen factory to churn out pens constantly for me over the course of the day and deliver them one by one by hand, ensuring that no math-pencils were required.

Having completed it in a total of 97 pages, i frankly got a bit bored so rewrote 'War and Peace' in the original Russian and tacked it onto the back just for kicks. I then sent off a letter to a few renowned contemporary authors requesting that they might perhaps write a foreword, and the reply from DBC Pierre arrived just in time for me to rewrite it at the beginning.

I wrapped up the exam by leather binding the complete response and embossing the title in copperplate writing with a bit of gold leaf to finish the effect nicely. I tell you what, slaughtering the cow in the exam room and skinning it was a hassle, and messy!! Advice for future years - bring in pre-skinned leather.

Remember, i'm not in anyway attempting to use this forum to boast or inflate my ego somehow - i just thought you'd all like to know. Best of luck everyone!
F*ck...You wrote one page more than I did.

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
There are a lot of bullshit artists on these forums. I wrote 10 pages for the essay and 8.25 for the story and I was damn happy with that. For my trials I wrote 6 pages for each and got 38/50 and I go to the 27th ranked school in the state so I'm confident the teachers know how to mark.

For all you people claiming to have done 30+ pages. 20% of you actually have and 80% of you are dirty liers.

ainslie

HSC
p342i said:
IS THIS NOT WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG?

The fact is everyone writes as much as they can in the two hours. For some they can only get 10 pages out, others 20, and apparently others make it to 30+

To criticse people for writing alot can only be a sign of inadequacy - its not as if you would be writing less if you could actually make the length.

The irony here is that p342i obviously doubts people writing over 30 pages. A sign of his own inadequacy perhaps, having only made the 20 page mark? Never mind, here's hoping p342i has an exam left to make the mark, and then continue boring us with epics about quantity over quality.

p342i

HSC
ainslie said:
The irony here is that p342i obviously doubts people writing over 30 pages. A sign of his own inadequacy perhaps, having only made the 20 page mark? Never mind, here's hoping p342i has an exam left to make the mark, and then continue boring us with epics about quantity over quality.
Of course I have doubts, considering the laws of physics I doubt anyone's ability to make 30 pages without double spacing or writing in a riddiculously large size.

Also, find me a situation when I have prioritised quantity over quality?

I only have Extension History left, and I suspect that I will probably write around 16 pages for each section of that, considering you have to read a source and plan your essay very well.

If you are bored by my epics then dont read them, dont come on BOS, and have fun in your future career as valueless critic of others.

[I will look foward to reading you 10 page PhD on why quality is all thats important]

LISOC

HSC
p342i said:
Of course I have doubts, considering the laws of physics I doubt anyone's ability to make 30 pages without double spacing or writing in a riddiculously large size.

Also, find me a situation when I have prioritised quantity over quality?

I only have Extension History left, and I suspect that I will probably write around 16 pages for each section of that, considering you have to read a source and plan your essay very well.

If you are bored by my epics then dont read them, dont come on BOS, and have fun in your future career as valueless critic of others.

[I will look foward to reading you 10 page PhD on why quality is all thats important]
thanks for the support y'all. i'll shout youse all a pack of lindt lindors.

i hearts you p342i! can i be your fangirl?
:wave:

Tbomb2k

T.K
HSC
angelzstorm said:
Essay: 48 pages
Creative: 16 pages

64 pages all up, i wrote super fast and big

haha i couldn't even write my student numbers on all those booklets in that amount of time.

p342i

HSC
LISOC said:
thanks for the support y'all. i'll shout youse all a pack of lindt lindors.

i hearts you p342i! can i be your fangirl?
:wave:
Yes LISOC, you can be my fangirl.

NellyBelly89

HSC
I agree with all who find this entire forum out of control.
Somewhere between us all being supportive we came to judgements.
I for one know my handwriting is HUGE. (at times 2 words a line) not because i think the markers will give me more marks but because i have a crap pen grip which means if i try to write smaller i get cramps. lol. so yes, some of us do write 50+ pages. And they are probably equally as vaulable as everyone elses and we arent bragging necessarily, its just the truth. But at the same time, if we got our handwriting down to the same size we'd have far less and no-one would even have this conversation.
It IS quality but more so than that its having enough confidence and pride in yourself to know that you did your best on the day and to not be on here bragging about how your answer is better than anyone elses because of the number of pages you wrote.
Cheers to all of you who got through the exam, i think that's where our priorities should lie, and those who didnt congratulations on giving it a go!
Best wishes to all as this hectic period draws to an end. :)

LISOC

HSC
p342i said:
Yes LISOC, you can be my fangirl.
:eek: my life. is now. complete.

:bomb:

c'mon everybody; congo-line formation! and *blows whistle*bang drums*

shimmy&shine

HSC
A high range sample creative answer (whcih does not mean full marks) was written in 8 pages. I just rechecked.

don't worry for anyone who wrote under 10 pages and feels like slappiung themselves because other people have written wordy monsters (in a good or bad way). Quality is what matters.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Yeah i doubt that anyone could rite 48 pages for one question in an hour regardless...well maybe if they rote really big and really fast and had a prepared essay by their side with someone to turn their pages...lol...saying i think its unlikely but not impossible if they really did do it...

Well i did my best i wrote 19 for each and was just happy to get it done although dont know how much of the 38 pages contain useful info lol :p but isnt it like that?

Sigur Ros

HSC
I must say that i totally agree with Lisoc, anybody who believes that quantity is more important than quality really should not be doing extension english. Why write 46 pages of dribble when you could write 10 pages of sheer brilliance that answers the whole question and nothing but the question. That's not to say that quantity isn't important as in order to support your thesis you need a number of points and analysis hence a good length, but Quality definately shits on Quantity. I think some people are being really immature with their boasting of pages. I have come first in every single assessment in my school, and guess what i have always written less than most in my class oh and guess what my teacher has also been a marker for the hsc, hence proving quality over rules quantity. I wrote 12 pages for my essay and i was extremely happy with it, and im expecting/hoping for 23+. So for everybody who didnt write so much, don't threat some people are just trying to scare others, god knows why. For anyone who wrote an extremely long essay, and answered the question and nothing but the question congratulations, just quit trying to make others feel shit about their responses.

boz.

HSC
i did genre: crime fiction

wow, i only wrote 10 for essay and 9 for story, and i thought that was heaps!
hopefully i just write small....:eek:

urgay

HSC
GOSH I THINK SOME OF UR TEACHERS MARKKKKK WAY TOO EASY. i came first in ext english and in the trials i got 20 for the essay and 14 for creative. i also came first in eng adv and always got like 85% max.
im a big quanity, realisitcally, writer, like for adv i wrote about 16 for every essay=and did in the trials and my teacher, who i believe is very apt said that i am at an advantage cos i can write fast. i say jus do wat u can-dont write less cos u think quanitty is better blah blah, write as much as you bloody well can or want to, but really if u cant write fast you better jus hope ur good at quality

Dan k

HSC
I have to question the validity of writing 50+ pages. Honestly, pretend you were a marker. You come across a work with, say, 2 booklets, maybe around 10 pages, and you're reading something with enough substance to carry a decent story, but which is completely manageable. On the other hand, if you came across a 50 page story, you would undoubtedly mentally be wary from the beginning, concentration through the entire story would be difficult, and when you start to read two words per line, you would begin to really question whether the student was writing in an effort to create a good story or waste pages. Why make a marker's life difficult by writing so many pages?

p342i

HSC
urgay said:
GOSH I THINK SOME OF UR TEACHERS MARKKKKK WAY TOO EASY. i came first in ext english and in the trials i got 20 for the essay and 14 for creative. i also came first in eng adv and always got like 85% max.
im a big quanity, realisitcally, writer, like for adv i wrote about 16 for every essay=and did in the trials and my teacher, who i believe is very apt said that i am at an advantage cos i can write fast. i say jus do wat u can-dont write less cos u think quanitty is better blah blah, write as much as you bloody well can or want to, but really if u cant write fast you better jus hope ur good at quality
I think that you haven't realised yet that your marks for school are of complete irrelevance. I too toped Advanced English and my assessment mark was 91% and my predicted hsc aligned mark for english is 98.

If you go to James Reuss you will find that they will each and every year give out assessment marks of 100% to multiple students. Considering they get first in advanced english almost every year, your claim to teachers marking too easy is somewhat meaningless.

How your teachers marks is irrelevant. If they are giving you 85% then it is probably in an attempt to motivate you to continue improving; or else they may want to keep the average down for fear of a poor aligned average. Anyway, it is all of no matter, only your rank and your moderated average in the hsc exam.

tanker

HSC
p342i said:
Sorry to be antagonistic, but what if you write 20 pages of quality as I did; and my writing is medium (7 words per lin). I agree, 48 pages is a little excessive and your most likely to just piss off the marker; but I dont think 10 pages in one hour section in an extension subject is going to cut it.

Exemplar is 22 pages of big writing (5 lines, use that as a guide.

[plus I dont believe that person wrote 48 pages]

shut up u wanker, ur so full of crap

tanker

HSC
p342i u r so full of urself. u'll get no where in life with that attitude. ur comments r so bloody irritating. ur only in here to pi$$ ppl off. i wanna slap u

p342i

HSC
I thought I would edit it for the benefit of everyone.

Last edited:

yummdogg

HSC
Hahaha, easy on mate. It's good to know you have your future planned, don't get too cocky though.

Yeh, it's awesome how some people can write that much...must take a lot of practice. I managed 16pgs for my creative and 13 for the essay (writing was much tighter in the essay) and it's the most I've done this year in timed conditions.

I don't think 40+pgs is impossible...my mate sitting behind me had about 5-6 8 page booklets filled up. Good on you if you can write that much! I just think markers who let their initial impressions (i.e. number of writing booklets) influence the way they mark are ignorant. But ultimately the quality of the response should win out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)