how many pages? (2 Viewers)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lord Ac
9 and 8
SMALL ;)
Ac
You rock. I, for some reason write a lot smaller than usual when using the HSC booklets, and I fit about 15+ words per line (it's not that tiny, but I write as though it's italicised and condensed). It saves me from turning the page every 5 minutes like everybody else LOL :D :p
but most pplz think..cuz everyone spends more time on the essay.. therefore standard will be higher... whereas wit the creative.. the overall standard would be lower cuz a lot of pplz dont leave enough time for it... hence due to the qwuality difference... stuffing up in creative is not as bad as stuffing up in the essy...
Most people will generally spend more time on the analytical, and of course the standard, as a result, will be much higher. However, they are still weighted equally (another lesson learnt from my trial, an A range answer in the first, with a C range answer in the second/creative doesn't balance).

I always spend 1 hour on each, if I do go over, it's no more than 5 to 8 minutes tops, as 1 hour should be plenty if you get to the point. I believe the creative is a lot harder to gain marks in though, for me, and that's the reason why people tend to focus their attention on the main analytical response.

People do think that they can BS the creative, but for some it's a re-hash of their analytical, but in a creative sense (queue: "duh"). With the essay, there's no BSing, if you don't know it-- you don't know it.

:)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I wrote 17 pages for the essay, and 10 for the creative. Yes... my handwriting is quite large lol

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
woah so many pages, do u guys noe wat ur writing about? lol
Yes... I could have written many many more. I wish we had more time for the essay, it was such a great question and there were so many more techniques I could have discussed.

melusa

In my trial I wrote 12, (A4), pages for essay, in 1.5 hours. I got 23/25.
For my creative I wrote about 5 pages in 30 min, I got 22/25.
I had the same timing in my HSC. Not too sure about the marks though! :-/

Last edited:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
well last years crime fiction exemplar was 22 pages....and the writing wasnt that big either.... bleh

CF Essay- 15pages
CF Creative- 9pages

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
well last years crime fiction exemplar was 22 pages....and the writing wasnt that big either.... bleh
wonder how long they spent on creative?

d__o__a

DOA
HSC
N/A
for the essay i wrote 11 pages

for the creative i wrote 8 pages since i spent too much time on the essay

huck fenn

18 for analytical
10 for creative

i go to a very nerdalicious school, so i am totally surprised to hear about people writing so bleary much..... at my school people were surprised about my quantative achievement...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)