How many papers? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I've done about four English papers (2013-2011) and one from a textbook.

My short story and essay have been pretty much identical, and just a matter of adapting to the question. I'll be doing some more short answer practices and module essays tomorrow and the day after.

Is this enough :/

(I suck at English, so I only want to okay (band 6, maybe one or two band 5s) in my exam)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I did 0. I already knew I could perform under exam conditions based upon my trials. I finished on the dot, but after cutting down my essays and refining them to make them more concise, I knew I could easily pump them out in the HSC.

Last edited:
HSC
I go to a good school (top 10) so average here is always a really high band 5. If the essay was out of twenty, the average would be 16-17. I generally average 17-18, but I haven't been studying that hard at school this year. I sort of lost all my marks in the early part of the year in the short answer sections (family crises, and other stuff in the holidays, blah) so my rank is ridiculously low in English.

I've been focusing on my other subjects, like 4u maths and chem, because I can actually do well in them.

Obliviousninja, how did you do in your exams? Also, if you haven't been doing past papers, what were you doing in the last few days?

photastic

HSC
(I suck at English, so I only want to okay (band 6, maybe one or two band 5s) in my exam)

I go to a good school (top 10) so average here is always a really high band 5. If the essay was out of twenty, the average would be 16-17. I generally average 17-18, but I haven't been studying that hard at school this year. I sort of lost all my marks in the early part of the year in the short answer sections (family crises, and other stuff in the holidays, blah) so my rank is ridiculously low in English.

I've been focusing on my other subjects, like 4u maths and chem, because I can actually do well in them.

Obliviousninja, how did you do in your exams? Also, if you haven't been doing past papers, what were you doing in the last few days?
Lel

hiircine

HSC
I've probably done a total of about 30 practice essays for english since trials. Before trials a bunch more. Practicepracticepractice

zhertec

HSC
I did 0. I already knew I could perform under exam conditions based upon my trials. I finished on the dot, but after cutting down my essays and refining them to make them more concise, I knew I could easily pump them out in the HSC.
But Oblivious, you are on a higher dimensional plane. How are we suppose to compare?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

You should really focus on your other subjects besides 4u, the alignment and scaling will carry you to a 99 atar equivalent if you get like a 55 raw mark or something like that. Meanwhile for english for example its much harder.

HSC
Pssh, I barely care about English anymore. I've already going to get (90+% chance) into the science degree I want, and I want to do really well in relevant subjects - i.e.; maths and science - so I can get scholarships and such.

Anyone feel stuvac is too long? I've been studying English for three weeks, and I just don't even care ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)