how many pgs do u write?? (1 Viewer)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
How many words can you write in 1hr

In preparing for exams etc...

i was wondering how many words on average YOU can write in 1hr...

i know it would be good practicing essays and working it out from there... but i need to know a rough idea b4 i start writing practice answers...

joe1016

HSC
Re: How many words can you write in 1hr

i cant believe you havent had to write an essay in an hour for an asessment before?

the last extension english task i did in an hour and i wrote about four and a half A4 pages.............dunno if that helps immensly.

you could always just sit down and write for an hour. give a practice a go and dont worry about what you should be aiming for. jsut try a practice and answer the question in an hour

Number7

HSC

1400 maximum with sloppy-ish hadnwriting.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

If fully memorized, about 1600 words. We have been given two questions for different subjects and were required to reproduce it under exam conditions. Not hard, but your hand kills!

Last edited:

abcd9146

HSC

3-5 exercise pages in 40 minutes, depending on the subject i go at different speeds... but i never have 1 hour essays, only 40minutes

my hint, change pens every paragraph, so your hands/wrist feel better!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

abcd9146 said:
3-5 exercise pages in 40 minutes, depending on the subject i go at different speeds... but i never have 1 hour essays, only 40minutes

my hint, change pens every paragraph, so your hands/wrist feel better!
Use gel pens!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

don't know about words...but i can write a max of 7 and a bit A4 pages in an hour. our ext. 1 teacher scared the shit out of me by saying the best students in the state can write 4 hsc booklets!!!!!!!! 4!!!!!!! that's like the equivalent of 16 normal pages!!!!! how is that even physically possible?! :eek: :eek: sorry, off topic there, lol.

P

pLuvia

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
don't know about words...but i can write a max of 7 and a bit A4 pages in an hour. our ext. 1 teacher scared the shit out of me by saying the best students in the state can write 4 hsc booklets!!!!!!!! 4!!!!!!! that's like the equivalent of 16 normal pages!!!!! how is that even physically possible?! :eek: :eek: sorry, off topic there, lol.
The HSC booklets have really large spacing between lines

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

i know, you're both right. :) it just freaked me out, because 4 booklets is still an awful lot. kinds intimidating, lol.

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC

I busted out 5600 words in 2005 legal in... probably about 2 hours and 40 minutes. 2100 words an hour. This is on a laptop. My wrists were burning and burning after that little effort.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC

This is on a laptop.
Only 35 words per minute...

Anyway, who can be bothered to count how many words they'd just written... :confused:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC

currently at 1400 words for my business in-class assignment... hav it on monday

going to write it out in 50 min period... and hopefully have it memorised in a few days

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

I could do about 5-6 normal A4 pages in 1 hour.

The Average is about 4-5 pages in that time, so aim for at least something in that range.

felixcthecat

HSC

it's so hard to compare by number of written pages.. cuz writing sizes vary a lot~.. i wrote 9 pages in 50min in an assessment with an average of 4 words per line (total of around 1300 words cuz i typed the essay up before so i kno).. but i've written a bit smaller now, averaging 7 pages in 35-40min with 5-6 words per line.. just press them into the calculator to find length in an hour!!

but then i guess in one hour essays, unlike 40min essays, you take even more time to plan it out, so it should be shorter..

karoooh

HSC

~1500 in an hr. Sometimes I can write 8 pages in 45 mins, and 8 pages in an hour. My writing speed depends on how long I know I have left and how much I have to write!

abcd9146

HSC

felixcthecat said:
it's so hard to compare by number of written pages.. cuz writing sizes vary a lot~.. i wrote 9 pages in 50min in an assessment with an average of 4 words per line (total of around 1300 words cuz i typed the essay up before so i kno).. but i've written a bit smaller now, averaging 7 pages in 35-40min with 5-6 words per line.. just press them into the calculator to find length in an hour!!

but then i guess in one hour essays, unlike 40min essays, you take even more time to plan it out, so it should be shorter..
4 words per line!?!? thats HUGE writing... was this in A4 paper? or HSC booklets, but still 5-6 words isn't much...
but then again i need to write bigger, teachers get pissed off cos i write too small >_>

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC

I could do about 1200-1500 words about 4-5 A4 pages in one hour, although not sure how many HSC booklet pages this would be as I haven't used them when writting an essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)