• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How many points would I likely revive for EAS at UNSW? (2 Viewers)

grape1

HSC
I understand that UNSW limits EAS to 10 points, but since they don't provide explicit information on how many are allocated per category, I'm feeling a bit conflicted. Personally, I've applied for H01B (severe illness of family member/friend) and S01D (long-distance education), as one of my parents has been hospitalised for over 5 months due to mental health issues over the past two years, and I had to take Japanese Continuers and Extension through NSL because my school didn’t have enough students for the subject.

I've searched through countless forums but haven’t found much on how many points I could realistically expect. If anyone has experience with UNSW's EAS, I'd really appreciate any insight. I'm banking on receiving 3-5 points.

Cheers.

spiderfan44

HSC
the number of points you get isnt awarded based on the category you apply under, its given to you based on how significant of an impact to your education those disadvantages had.

grape1

HSC
the number of points you get isnt awarded based on the category you apply under, its given to you based on how significant of an impact to your education those disadvantages had.
I understand that but generally speaking, universities have ranges for how many points can be awarded for certain categories (i.e. ANU will give a max of 2 for S01D and 5 for H01B I believe).

grape1

HSC
maybe like 6 or 7, 4 for hospitalisation, 3 for long dist.
If that ends up being the case then I will 100% get into the course I want. I have a feeling it will be lower though because I do well in Japanese (90+) so they might not see it as much of a disadvantage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)