How many Supplementary Texts??? (1 Viewer)

lollypops

HSC
Hey I am doing Powerplay Antony and Cleopatra!!! How many other texts do I need to study and talk about in my exam?!?!?! Thanx :eek:

Kulazzi

HSC
I'd say maximum 3. Minimum 2. That's what my teacher has always been telling us whenever we need to have related material.

Edit: I'm doing Antony and Cleopatra as well but how come you're starting so early? Are doing this module first?

Lorie

HSC
the exams normally say at least 2 texts. So u'd need at least 2 texts, but i would have maybe 3 or 4 ready. Also, make sure they are different text types aswell.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Lorie said:
the exams normally say at least 2 texts. So u'd need at least 2 texts, but i would have maybe 3 or 4 ready. Also, make sure they are different text types aswell.

Just backing up what Lorie said - its good to have a variety of texts - you may not need to use all of them in your exam but it is good to have some up for sleve depending on what the text type you are asked to write about it...

a newspaper article and picture can be worked well into a feature article, but a picture isn't really much use in an essay, where a book would do a better job.

try to steer clear of another play or another Shakespeare because your markers are looking for some diversitifcation - find yourself a newspaper article (the labour debate is a good topic regaridng powerplay atm) , book (Animal farm is a good one), a movie, poem, picture... you wouldn't use all of these in your exam but it helps to have a couple to choose from.

i actually used teh histories of thucydidies in mine - try to have a peice of related material that is a bit different to what the marker would expect - it will really jazz up your essay a bit.

classics_chic

HSC
You need to talk about one, maybe two (they'll usually ask for 'texts', which means more than one). But you should have between three and four up your sleeve- what if they ask a question, and you have no idea what to write with some of your related material? Better to be safe than sorry, although you can know some texts better than others to save time in studying all the texts (so have two-three you know well, and one-two that are emergency backups). Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)