How many units? (1 Viewer)

bmwz4

HSC
how many units is evry1 doing...do you all have a backup subject...?

HSC
couldve sworn there's been a similar thread before...

anyways..

12 units, plus 2u ipt from year 10

ssglain

HSC
11 units. I'm strongly inclined to consider the option to let go of Ext-1 English. The Postmodernism elective dampens my spirit and the idea that everything is a constructed semiotic illusion isn't particularly motivational. Although the current 1st/27 rank is still somewhat alluring. As of the present, my back-up is half of Adv English but I don't really have an choice there, now do I?

Last edited:

ellen.louise

HSC
There are... other people in the state...

nah, i'm sure you're brilliant at English. You should keep it if you kick arse at it!:)

11 Units. which is too bad... Hospitality has to count for at least one unit. And it scales badly enough without me being bad at the theory part (lack of motivation to actually STUDY it)

princy

HSC
I have 11 units. I would have had 15 if I had kept all the subjects I dropped.

The only subjects I can drop now are English Extension Two and Extension History. If I had to drop one of them, it would be Ext. Hist.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
ummm...
was carrying 13 officially in year 12.. [but 14 bc we did 4Umath since about june 06?]

And for year 12.. i dropped physics.. then later dropped Art..
and picked up the 2 extensions [for amth and eng..]

hmmmm

edit.

Last edited:
HSC
ssglain said:
11 units. I'm strongly inclined to consider the option to let go of Ext-1 English. The Postmodernism elective dampens my spirit and the idea that everything is a constructed semiotic illusion isn't particularly motivational. Although the current 1st/27 rank is still somewhat alluring. As of the present, my back-up is half of Adv English but I don't really have an choice there, now do I?

yeah. pomo sucks hard. i wanna drop it:mad1:

nicole21290

HSC
A nice 11 - I did 12 units in year eleven but dropped Ext Maths. The extra unit is SORI because it is so easy to get fantastic marks with absolutely no study. Besides some of my other marks aren't looking so great right now *scowls*

Sofstar

HSC
12 units. Subject against subject, which one will lose....

katew24

HSC
I pretty much know that ext eng and ext maths r gonna be my worst subjects and since ur top 10 units r the ones that count should i just drop the extensions, or duz having extensions and doing ok at them but not brilliantly still boost ur uai even if they r still not in ur top 10??

[my other subjects r eng-adv, maths-adv, bio, eco and legal studies]

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
gypo_rich said:
Nope. It won't boost your UAI if its not in your top 10

It'd be reccomended you keep them in case you don't do so well in another 2unit course, or amazingly you find you did do well in one of (or even both the extensions) hence it HAS THE POSSIBLITY TO BOOST YOUR UAI

If you drop them, there are no other possiblities other than the 5 subjects you listed - that'd you'd keep, so in other words

See where your true strength lies, discuss over with subject co-ordinators etc' and make a decision based on that - extension subjects has the potential to 'boost' if you do ok lol

Hope that helps
Yeah I agree with gypo.
Also the beauty of doing ext eng is that you have an extra unit of English (ie at least/your 2 best units of English HAVE to be counted in your UAI) in case you don't do as well as you would like in 2 unit English then one unit of ext can take it's place (unless of course the 3units English is within your top 10units).
Personally, I found doing the ext helped my marks and ways of thinking in the respective 2unit courses.

Just remember that you do have to do what's best for you. Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)