• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How many words can you write? (2 Viewers)

Jaydels

HSC
i can write about 4 A4 pages, but my writing is pretty small. I'm right handed and usually write in running writing, but in exams it becomes too much of a scrawl so i print it

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
yeah i applied for special provisions cuz i never finished exams cuz im a slow writer. i get to use a computer for all my assessments and the actuall exams. In my economics assessment this year b4 i was granted the special provision I wrote about 6 pages although it was pretty big writing and included diagrams.

ishq

brown?
HSC
In english, about 1000-1100 words ~ 40 min..
Right handed, and so cursive its hard to read...
But it looks pretty :)

Trev

stix
HSC
My writing is complete shithouse, every teacher complains about it!
I just get in exams, I try to write fast, but it doesn't work - my hand starts to shake and my writing goes haywire hehe.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Tommy_69 said:
yeah i applied for special provisions cuz i never finished exams cuz im a slow writer. i get to use a computer for all my assessments and the actuall exams. In my economics assessment this year b4 i was granted the special provision I wrote about 6 pages although it was pretty big writing and included diagrams.
So you're allowed to use a computer for the HSC exams?
For me that'd be a tough decision...whether to write or type - what happens if the computer crashes or something?

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
yeah all my hsc exams. u dont have to use the special provisions for every exam only the ones u want. um if ur computer crashes u put in a misadventure. Although u can bring ur own laptop or use a computer at school. both are checked 2 hours before the exam for notes, and crap. Also you are told to save constantly.
a real advantage

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Are you allowed to get a special provision for not being able to type quickly?...so they give you 3 hours instead of 2 for the English paper? That'd be perfect :uhhuh:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
lol...that'd be cool though.

Btw. what happens if you needed to draw a graph in an exam you were typing in...are you allowed to draw it in pen/pencil or do you have to do it with Paint or something?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
that reminds me trev. i write neat at first, but then my hand makes the writing scrawl, and my hand is so sweaty that it constantly slips. i'm taking a towel next time i do an exam!!! :p

Last edited:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
that reminds me trev. i write neat at first, but then my hand makes the writing scrawl, and my hand is so sweaty that it constantly slips. i'm taking a tower next time i do an exam!!! :p
My hand sweats when I write essays as well...you need a pen with a good grip, then it doesn't slip even if you sweat profusely.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i was using them spuer grip pens!!! they suck so badly, it kept slipping out of my fingers. i think them paper mates with the heaps good grips are the way to go, though i've never used it in exam conditions.

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
lol...that'd be cool though.

Btw. what happens if you needed to draw a graph in an exam you were typing in...are you allowed to draw it in pen/pencil or do you have to do it with Paint or something?
umm im not sure on the paper i got telling me the rules of using a computer it said. "if you have to draw in a exam, you will have to notify us immediately". i still gotta talk to my special provisions coordinator.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
i was using them spuer grip pens!!! they suck so badly, it kept slipping out of my fingers. i think them paper mates with the heaps good grips are the way to go, though i've never used it in exam conditions.
Hmm...I think the best thing you can do is to relax...I know it's difficult and most, if not all students have trouble doing it during an exam...but if you're relaxed, then you don't perspire as much.

Trev

stix
HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
that reminds me trev. i write neat at first, but then my hand makes the writing scrawl, and my hand is so sweaty that it constantly slips. i'm taking a towel next time i do an exam!!! :p
Yeah, clammy hands are bad! Haha

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
yes clammy hands from doing what trev?? :p *uses vivd mind affected by 5 years of high school*

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
what did you mean by that rench??

today i did my english assessment task and i wrote about 4 and a half pages. each page, equated to rough 600 words. so i'm guessing i wrote about 2700 words in about 60 minutes. i guess nick was right. i was writing like crazy man!!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
what did you mean by that rench??

today i did my english assessment task and i wrote about 4 and a half pages. each page, equated to rough 600 words. so i'm guessing i wrote about 2700 words in about 60 minutes. i guess nick was right. i was writing like crazy man!!
Whoa...that equates to 1800 words in 40 mins...that's an awful lot.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah my hand was bloody throbing, but lucky i had my handy dandy papermate pen, which did not slip, even thoughi was sweating profusely. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)